Part 1

"I am going to miss you and Ara!", Mrs. Jones said while hugging Ara's tiny body, almost squeezing her.

Ara just looked at me with her twinkling eyes, I gave her a weak smile before zipping up the final luggage.

"Promise you'd come to Seoul and visit us?", I asked her.

"I promise. Ara is like my own grandchild, I wouldn't want to miss watching her grow up"

Ara is my three year old daughter.

I was planning to take some time off after the divorce but few weeks after it was finalized, I found out that I was pregnant. It was selfish of me to take off and not telling Jin about it but the divorce happen when it was at the peak of his career. I did not want to give him another headache so with my parents' blessing, I moved to London when I was 4 months pregnant.

Deciding to move back is not an easy decision but my dad has not been doing well at his health and from what I heard, Jin's parents are rarely at their old home so the probability of bumping into them, or even him is low.

Do I plan on telling him about A-ra? I have no idea.

Probably I will but not when he has so many things going on with his life.

We arrived in Seoul and were greeted by my parents who hadn't seen me for the past 2 years. They were in London during A-ra's first year but then they moved back after I had managed to stabilise myself.

Since BTS was doing really well at that time, his face was everywhere. Posters, billboards, KR Pass!

'God, he's everywhere', I huffed.

Right after I stepped into the drive way, I saw his house. It looked almost exactly the same as last time but the house did look a bit abandoned since his parents only come back once in a while.

"I heard he bought them a house in Hannam Hill for them to be closer to him but if you ask me, I think he's just trying to avoid the inevitable", my dad chuckled.

"But you are still close with his father?", I asked.

He nodded, "We talk but we avoid the subject altogether"

After we unloaded the luggage, I decided to take a rest while A-ra is napping. I was watching TV when his commercial came up.

"Does she ask about her father?", my mother suddenly asked from behind.

I held A-ra's head and gently kissed her forehead. I shook my head, "She stopped asking about him after a while"

"Are you ever going to talk to him about her, Ye-Ji?", she asked.

I knew this question was coming because when I was in London, she never once asked about it. I knew once I come back, she is going to bombard me with all these questions.

"When the time is right, I will tell him", I assured her.

"It's been four years, Ye-Ji. Don't you think he deserves to know that he has a three year old daughter who has given up on asking about her father just because her mother is too selfish?", my mother suddenly snapped.

Those words stung my heart and of course I had every right to answer her back but it was the truth. I did not want A-ra to face the disappointed that I had to face when I was married to her father. I did not want her to always wait for him and he would just be a no-show because he is always stuck with other important things. I was trying to be shield her from the hurt that I faced back then.

Before I could answer anything, A-ra woke up from her nap.

"Mummy, can you please change to Youtube. I want to watch BTS"

Yes, to make it worse. She listens to BTS.