Part 17

Ye-Ji's Point of View

"Then what happened?", my mother asked in disbelief after she heard my story.

I buried my head in my palms and said, "He looked confused as hell. Don't think I can lie my way out this time"

My mother slammed the wooden table, "Damn right, he shouldn't. It's time for him to step up. No matter if he didn't want Ara"

The whole thing felt like a big hangover in my head. I was planning on telling Jin about Ara but not in that situation. Not to mention, Eun Jung looked damn pissed when Jin took a photo with Ara. 

"I think she needs to stop listening to BTS", I joked. Half-joked. Because this was the reason we got into this mess.

The reason you got into this mess is because you got pregnant and runaway. Don't blame it on Ara.

Ugh.

"Sure, that's the only way to stop this from happening", my mum sarcastically said.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Ara who was busy trying out the new clothes Jungkook gave. 

"She completely has no idea that her father is the idol that she has been obsessed with", my mother added.

I nodded, "I know, I know. Besides, it just happened yesterday and Jin never made any contact with me. So I guess I'm still safe now?"

Text Message

Jin - Hey, are you busy today?
Ye-Ji - Hey stranger. Not really, what's up?
Jin - Can we meet at my house? 
Ye-Ji - Still meeting in secrets huh even after the divorce?
Jin - Please?
Ye-Ji - Okay. Just text me once you are here.

I was about to finish getting ready when I heard the doorbell rang and when I got down, I saw Jin was greeted in by Ara and my mother. I felt like a huge lump on my throat appeared again. This was the first time Jin meeting her daughter and vice versa but both of them just had no idea.

"Mummy, you look pretty. Are you going out with Uncle Jin?", she asked.

My eyes widened when I heard her question, "Ara, I'm going to talk with Uncle Jin just outside the house. Eat your lunch and take a nap okay after that?"

She nodded and gave Jin his signature flying kiss. Jin giggled and pretended to catch her kiss and put it in his pocket. 

Damn you, Kim Seokjin. 

The whole walk to his place, we didn't talk at all and it felt really awkward. He looked like he was trying to find the right words to start the conversation and since I was tired of his silence, I decided to talk first.

"Why did you stop talking to me after that night, Jin?", I said when we got into the empty house.

He flinched at my question and before I could say anything else, he suddenly dropped a bomb.

"When were you planning to tell me about Ara?", he said as his eyes were welling up.

My heart dropped when I heard his question. I expected him to find out but not this soon. Did he figure out just by looking at Ara? Did anyone tell him?"

"Ye-Ji, please tell me the truth. Is Ara my daughter? I just want to hear it from you", he shakily said, trying to hold back the tears. 

I kept quiet for the longest time because I was trying to think the right word.

Jin walked to me and held both side of my shoulders, he couldn't contain his anger/sadness anymore and he looked me, "Just please, tell me the truth, Ye-Ji"

I softly nodded and the moment I responded, he stopped holding back his tears and fell on his knees. I tried to contain my feelings but I couldn't, I went to him and gave him a hug. 

"Why did you tell me, Ye-Ji? Why did you keep it from me?", he asked and then proceeded to cry even more.

My heart completely broke looking at his reaction because I didn't expect him react the way he did. He must've found out about this last night because it took him a while to finally calm down. 

"I wanted to, Jin but I was so scared that you didn't want to have kid that you'd just freak out back then", I finally responded.

Jin wiped away the tears and took few deep breaths to gather himself up. 

"Is that why you ran away to London right after we got a divorce?", he asked.

I nodded.

"You could've told me about it, Ye-Ji. I could've been there for the both of you", he said as he held both of my hands and kissing them at the same time.

The moment his lips touched my hands, it sent shivers down my spine. I wanted to kiss him with all my being, I wanted to cry seeing how destroyed he was but I suddenly remembered the morning sickness that I had to go through alone, the labor, the post-partum depressions.. I pushed his hands away.

"You could've done what, Jin? Tell me exactly what could you have done? You barely had time for me, I was never a priority and remember the countless of times you told me you didn't want kids. What could you have done then? Abandon us like how you did with me?", I said as I felt the anger came rushing in. 

"Ye-Ji...."

"No, Jin.. Let me finish.. You never wanted kids, it was never in our future. And that night... That fucking night when I slept over at your dorm. What the fuck was that, Jin? You kissed my forehead and you just went missing after that. And you, had the bloody guts to make me feel invisib-"

I was about to go on and on about how he abandoned me during our relationship and the amount of heartaches I had to go through during our courtship but Jin suddenly got up and hugged me.

I shook violently in his tight embrace, sobbing extremely hard and hyperventilating. I was crying 4 years of heartaches to him and he just held me close while slowly rubbing my back to calm me down.

I sobbed as long as I could and when I finally stopped, I looked at him. I could feel my heart was racing exceptionally fast. He carefully wiped the tears away and softly touched my chin. He inched his face closer to mine while licking his pouty lips. We were few seconds away from kissing when his phone rang.

"Fuck", he said as he scrambled to look for his phone.

He walked to the other side of the room and picked up the call and I just heard him mentioning Eun Jung's name. 

I was embarrassed with what almost happened. I quickly looked for my handbag and when I was about to leave, Jin caught up with me.

"Where are you going?", Jin asked. 

"I can't do this, Jin and I am pretty sure your girlfriend is waiting for you"

--------------------------------

Hello readers!

I noticed that there are few new ones here. I would really appreciate if you could drop me comments or give me a like.

Cheers :)