Part 33

Ye-Ji's Point of View

'Dear Miss Cho Ye-Ji, Congratulations on your offer from xxxxxxxx! We are delighted to offer you the position of  Project Analyst with an anticipated start date of 18th September. As discussed during the virtual interview, please find attached your detailed offer letter.'

I re-read the email, startled.

I bit my lips to keep them from quivering and blinked my eyes a couple of times to make sure I read the email wrong. I can't believe I got the job. It had been a week since the interview and I honestly thought I didn't get it. I thought they would go with someone local.

Things between me and Jin had been great, despite of what happened. We tried to be as civil as possible for the sake of Ara.

If this email came out a week ago, I would've been over the moon but I felt.. sad inside? 

Text Message 

Ye-Ji - I got the job. 😐
Yoongi - What's with the emoji? You don't sound happy. I'm not gonna congratulate u tho. Still pissed that you want to move back.
Ye-Ji - Such a hater. I don't know. Heart feels heavy. 
Yoongi - Are you going to tell Jin?
Ye-Ji - Yeah, I haven't made up my mind but looking at how things are going between us.. I think I should tell him. 
Yoongi - Let me know how it goes. I'm coming back tomorrow. Let's meet up.
Ye-Ji - Okay. Safe trip.

Ye-Ji - Jin-ah, can we talk tonight?
Jin - Everything okay with you? I'm free for dinner if you're up for it.
Ye-Ji - Okay. You want to come over or do you wanna have dinner outside?
Jin - It's okay. I just bought a lot groceries. I'll cook, you okay with it?
Ye-Ji - Sounds good. Not bringing Ara tho. 
Jin - Sounds serious.. I'll see you tonight. 😊

This was my first time with Jin alone after that night. Usually we would have someone around.. be it Ara, Taehyung, Jimin or even Jungkook sometimes. I started getting ready early because I was a nervous wreck. I was beginning to think that it wasn't a smart decision to see him alone but I needed to talk to him. I did not remember the amount of times that I had changed my outfit and I finally resorted to a pale yellow shirt with three-quarters skinny jeans. 

I arrived at his place earlier than I thought I would and when I got there, he was in his white t-shirt and jeans short, with an apron on top of his outfit. He lifted it over his head and gave me a hug. 

"You're here early?", he said.

"Do you need some help?", I asked him. 

"No, it's fine. I am almost done anyway oh but it would be great if you could pick the wine that we could pair it with dinner. I'm gonna take a shower.. I smell like beef", he said as he sniffed his t-shirt.

I nodded and started going through his wine cabinet. I was rummaging through it when I found a bottle that was wedged at the very, very corner of the cabinet. It was a bottle of my favorite rosé and it had a note on it. It was crumped up but it was still readable.

'For our tenth year anniversary'

And that reminded me.. it was one of the bottles that we got during our wedding day. He must've kept one to drink on our tenth year. The tears came without warning and when I heard noises coming from Jin's room, I quickly shoved it into the back of the cabinet and took the first wine that I could get my hands on.

I carefully placed it on the table and put two wine glasses next to it. I decided to sit on the couch to wait for Jin to get ready and just minutes after that, he plopped next to me. He was wearing an oversized white t-shirt and black skinny jeans. His hair was pushed back, the way I've always liked it. 

"You ready for dinner?", he asked.

I nodded, "Yep. I am quite starving."

When I sat on the table, I realized Jin had prepared some of my favorite things. I breathed in the scent of the food deeply and god, I just remembered how much I loved his cooking. Whenever he came back from a long tour, instead of me preparing his favorite dishes, he would go to the extra miles to cook for me. 

"Everything tasted so good. I forgot that you are such a great cook", I joked.

Jin sipped on his wine while having his eyes on me, "You ready to talk to about it?"

A long sigh escaped my lips as I started slumping on the couch.

"I got the job"

He looked surprised for a moment and then his lips clamped together firmly.

"Say something, Jin", I said to him.

He took a long deep breath, "Is this the one in London?"

I nodded, "But I haven't made any decisi-"

He cut me off by saying, "Then, don't go"

Without warning, he leaned forward and kissed me. And he was kissing me. Once, twice until I've had a taste and realize I'll never have enough. 

Few minutes into it, I held my palms against his shoulders to sign that we needed to stop before this goes any further and he pulled away from me and apologized many times.

"Sorry, it must be the wine", he said as he straightened his hair.

"Do you want to go?", he asked.

I shrugged, not knowing what to say especially after what just happened.

"Jin, can you please answer me one thing?"

"Anything"

I finally worked up the courage to ask him the question that had been stuck in my head after that night.

"Are you still in love with me?"

He simply answered, "What if I still am?"