Part 21

Ye-Ji's Point of View

Ara kept on asking why Jin left without saying goodbye and this was the part that I needed Jin to figure out. I don't expect him to be there all the time due to the nature of his work but I expected him not to disappear without giving a proper explanation. Kids at that age don't understand logic, they just understand who show up. I didn't want to handle Jin so I temporarily blocked him. 

Text Message

Yoongi - Ye-Ji, you need to pick up Jin's call. D*sp*tch wants to go public tonight regarding Ara. Eun Jung got a hold of them.

What the fuck.

I quickly unblocked Jin and the moment I clicked 'confirmed', I heard someone was ringing the doorbell more than ten times. I knew it was Jin. As soon as I opened the door, he crashed into my arms and apologized so many times.

"Jin, what the hell is going on?", I asked.

He stepped back, took a deep breath and started explaining the situation.

"The company made her sign an agreement the moment she found out about Ara but she breached the contract and went to D*sp*tch. The news was supposed to be released tonight but the company paid them a hefty amount of money but-"

I cut him off, "But what, Jin? What's going to happen if they ask for more money", I said angrily.

"I am so sorry, Ye-Ji. They can only hold the news for a couple more days. Just to buy us some time to get things sorted"

I felt dizzy hearing all these; I took a heavy sigh and looked at him. I was feeling frustrated, angry, disappointed all at once but in my head, I was more worried of what Jin was about to face. Ara and I could just runaway again. Jin sat on the bench and continued apologizing to me. I wanted to kick him out of the house for causing this but he looked miserable at best. I sat next to him and slowly rubbed his back to give him some reassurance.

"Can you please forgive me? I will do everything I can to make sure no one will bother either you or Ara. Especially Ara. I am so sorry for putting you through this again"

Again.

The moment people found out about our marriage, all hell broke loose. I stopped knowing the meaning of privacy because my phones kept on getting calls from sasaengs. No matter how many times I changed it, they still found its way to get to me. I had to stop working, my parents were constantly harassed. There were also times when people sent me headless chickens. I had no idea what it meant but that managed to spook my whole family that we had to hire security guard for weeks.

I started feeling angry again at how reckless Jin was being with Eun Jung.

"You know what this means for Ara, Jin?", I asked him, as I started to tear up, "We just settled down here, Jin. We just got back after four years in hiding. I just got a job that I love. Ara just started to love her new school. Do you know the shit that we have to go through after this?"

Jin quickly came to me and was on his knees, "I know, I know. I am trying to do what's best for us, Ye-Ji. I promise."

I started hitting Jin's shoulders out of frustration and he slowly stood up and held me tight. I cried for the longest time. I felt my chest tightening and I could feel my eyes were sore from all the crying. Jin slowly held my head and his fingers ran through my messy bun. I felt the sudden ease of tension the moment he did this. 

"I promise. This will only be for few months. Once all of these blow over, Ara can have her life back"

After I had calmed down, Jin sat with me and told me the things that we had to do for the next few weeks. I was not completely agreeable to it, especially the part where I had to temporarily move to his place with Ara as he lived in a gated community while he hired guards to secure my parents' place since my father wasn't feeling too well.

"I will hire a nanny for Ara just to make sure she won't miss any kindergarten experience", he said while trying to calm me down.

"Fine", I replied.

-------------------------------------

Hi guys!

The next parts will be coming in few days late since I am changing some of the plots. Stay tuned and don't forget to vote/comment! :)