Part 37

Ye-Ji's Point of View

"Shit, shit...", I said as I closed my mouth, still in shock of what was in front of me.

My whole body trembled when I saw the second line appeared on the stick. I knew something was off last week but I decided to wait it out because I thought I was just late due to stress. I sat in the bathroom and ran the shower to cover the sound of my crying, completely lost as to what to do.

We just got back together and this was happening.. I started thinking about how Ara, or even Jin would take the news. I was also worried to my core about my job.. no companies would take a pregnant lady. I took another glimpse at the pregnancy test, wishing the result would be otherwise and when I saw it again, I started crying even harder and my lungs felt like collapsing from all the sobbing.

"Ye-Ji ah, are you okay in there?", I heard Jin's sleepily muttering outside of the bathroom door.

I tried to stop myself from crying but each time I did, I started sobbing even harder and I couldn't answer Jin.

"I am coming okay?", he said while slowly turning the doorknob."Jin, it's okay", I said in between tears.

I was about to stand up and shut the door close but Jin got to it first. Jin was completely stunned to see my condition that he jumped in and pulled me into a hug. He slowly caressed my back and repeatedly told me that everything was going to be okay. I was starting to feel better but he suddenly stopped hugging me and crouched on the floor.

Shit... It must had dropped on the floor when I was scramming to the door.

"Ye-Ji, is this a pregnancy test?", he asked while carefully examing the stick.

"Double lines mean pregnant?", he asked, his voice trembled.

I slowly nodded.

"You are pregnant?", he looked concerned and stood up again, while holding the stick in his hand.

I finally stopped crying because I was beginning to feel worried over Jin's reaction. I waited for him to say anything but he kept his gaze on the stick. Few minutes later, a slow smile worked its way across his face and finally, into his eyes. 

He pulled me into a hug again and said, "Let's do it together this time, okay?"

His reaction melted my worries away. I was expecting him to react differently but seeing  how quickly he accepted the situation made my heart feels less heavy. We slowly walked out of the room and I sat on the bed, while watching Jin who was still looking at the pregnancy test.

"Jin, I really don't know what to do"

He put down the test and gazed into my eyes, "It's okay, sweetheart. I know what to do this time. I am going to raise our unborn child and Ara together. This time around, I'll make it right for all three of you"

Jin's Point of View

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Kim, the sac is still not too clear at this stage but within two weeks, you might be able to hear your baby's first heartbeat", the doctor said as looked at the baby monitor. 

I kissed her forehead as soon as the doctor confirmed the news. 

"The first trimester is the most crucial stage. Please make sure your wife takes her supplements and get plenty of rest. I'll see you again in few weeks for the next appointment", the moment the doctor mentioned 'wife', I felt warm fuzzy feelings in my tummy.

Ye-Ji was in-denial about her pregnancy that it took her days to finally agree on seeing an obstetrician but after seeing the first sonogram, I could tell that she was slowly accepting the news but she was still reluctant to tell anyone since she was in her first trimester. After we got back from the doctor's place, we went back to my apartment. She was still quiet and I caught here staring blankly into space few times.

"Tell me what's on your mind", I said as I carefully placed strands of her wavy hair behind her ears.

She looked at me and deeply inhaled, "How are we going to do this, Jin.. I am not working and you are going back to work in a week"

I smiled, "This is why I want to start telling people, baby. At least we can start making arrangements and why do you want to work so badly? The doctor already told you that you need to rest. If you are worried about money, you do realize you have me right?"

"And we have a three year old to explain why her divorced parents is expecting a baby", she said, half smiling at how crazy the situation was.

The moment we found out about the news, there was no ill feelings in my heart towards it. I was beyond content when I heard she was expecting our second child, despite of the circumstances. She was annoyed at how accepting I was with the news and there were times that she thought I was faking it just to make her happy. I was just grateful that God had given me a second chance to make it right with the love of my life. Each day, I thanked God for letting me back into her life.

We wanted to hide the news even longer since she was only 7 weeks pregnant but this time around, she had very bad morning sickness that lasted whole day. She was throwing up non-stop and was losing weight rapidly. 

"I hadn't seen Ye-Ji for the last two weeks and she stopped updating her Instagram since the night we had barbeque, is everything okay with you guys?", Yoongi curiously asked after our first meeting ended.

I scratched my head, carefully thinking how to answer Yoongi without sounding very suspicious. 

"Yeah, she is still upset with the whole job thing and she hasn't been feeling well"

I immediately stopped talking when I realized what I just said.

"If I didn't know any better, I would've thought that she is pregnant", Taehyung joked and everyone suddenly stopped talking and shifted their eyes to mine.

I paused, not knowing what to answer and the moment I stuttered, all of them had the same reaction when they found out me and Ye-Ji were back together.

"Ara is going to have another sibling?", Jungkook asked.

I nervously smiled to confirm the news.

'Ye-Ji is going to kill me for sure but at least I'll die happy', I thought to myself.