Part 5

Ye-Ji's Point of View

"How was the wedding?", I asked them the next morning.

"It was nice to see both of them. Your mum bumped into Jin before leaving the wedding", my dad responded.

"Don't worry, Ye-Ji. I did not tell him about you", my mother assured me.

"Thank you. Can I ask you guys for a favor? I need to drop my resume at this one office in the city. Could you please watch Ara while I'm gone?"

I had been back for almost a month now and even though I have some many saved up for the next few months, I thought of going back to work just to occupy myself. I found few openings and one of it being Marketing Manager at BigHit that Yoongi recommended.. Well, no thanks.

I was about to leave for the job interview when I saw a familiar car parked right outside my house.

It was Jin's.

Fuck, fuck. I need to get out of here fast. 

For the past few weeks, I managed to not bump into him by on leaving the house at odd hours. Of course I saw his new girlfriend and of course it stung my heart a bit but it had been three years, he deserves to move on.

I quickly walked to drive way and that was when I heard a voice.

I didn't have to turn around to recognize that voice. I stopped walking and completely froze up. That voice. That fucking voice that I had been longing to hear but in between his voice, I could hear the sound of the girlfriend giggling. My heart was beating fast and I could feel the blood was rushing to my face and my palms were sweaty. 

"Ye-Ji?"

Shit.

"Eun-Jung, can you wait inside the car. I'll catch up with you"

I was trying to figure out an escape plan but my heart was beating too fast, and I was doing everything in my power not to shake. Right after his girlfriend went into his car, he slowly made his way to me. His face was neutral as his eyes were fixed looking at mine but I could tell he was surprised to see me.

"How long have you been back?", he asked.

I kept quiet, I was still in shock to see him in the flesh. I knew I would bump into him sooner or later but not this soon.

"Are you back for good?", he asked again.

I nodded.

I felt sick to my stomach when my head kept on replaying the moment we decided to get a divorce and it felt worse when I remembered that his girlfriend was waiting for him in the car. I didn't respond anything but I heard a loud honk from his car.

"Your girlfriend is waiting", I said in a straight tone.

Jin looked over his car and signaled her to wait.

"Can we catch up, please?", he said, almost in a begging tone.

Fuck no.

"Yes"

What the fuck.

"I'll clear my schedule tonight for you. Can we meet here? I really want to talk to you", Jin said.

I nodded.

"Yeah, I will see you at 9. I have to do something before that"

Yeah, I have to read bed time stories to your daughter. 

I managed to go to the job interview and look at few playschools nearby for Ara in case if I manage to score any jobs. I don't think I did my best during the interview sessions because of my little rendezvous with Jin.

Text Message

Ye-Ji - I am meeting Jin tonight.
Yoongi - I was about to text you. He told us that he bumped into you but all of us had to pretend to be shocked. 
Ye-Ji - Thanks, guys. I owe you one. Please send my love to the rest.
Yoongi - Are you going to tell him about Ara?
Ye-Ji - Not tonight.

Seokjin's Point of View

The car ride to Eun Jung's parents' house was quiet. I knew she wanted to talk about it but I didn't know what to tell her because I was as shocked as her when I saw Ye-Ji at the drive way. As much as I was avoiding her, I was glad to bump into her. She looked as beautiful as ever and from the way I saw her, I knew that she was glad to see me too. She didn't hesitate when I asked if I could see her tonight.

"So that's the famous Ye-Ji", Eun Jung suddenly spoke up.

I bit my lower lip before hesitantly answer her, "Yep, that's Ye-Ji"

"Why did you introduce me to her just now?"

"That was my first time seeing her after what happened... both of us were shocked to see each other."

"Are you planning to talk to her?"

"Yes"

"Can we not meet my parents today? I am really not in the mood"

"We already promised your parents that we'd see them today. It will be rude to not show up"

"What's rude is you already planned on seeing your ex-wife without talking to your girlfriend first", she spat.

"Eun Jung, nothing is going to happen. I promise. I can bring Yoongi if that'd make you feel better"

"Fine but we are still not going to my parents' house today. You can just drop me off, I just wanna stay at home"

I tried to reason with her but she wouldn't budge. She still wanted to go home and honestly, I couldn't be bothered to convince her even more. I was already so jittery from meeting Ye-Ji just now so I just dropped her at her house and went to the dorm to meet the rest.

"Did you guys know that Ye-Ji is back?", I asked the boys as soon as I arrived.

"How did you know?", Jungkook asked.

"I bumped into her. Did Mina tell you anything, Yoongi? She has been in contact with Ye-Ji right?", I asked.

He quickly shook his head.

Liar.

Out of all six of them, Ye-Ji was closest to Taehyung and Yoongi. I never understood the friendship but when we made the decision to get a divorce, both of them didn't talk to me for weeks and I knew both of them blamed me for it.

"Are you going to see her?", Jimin asked.

I nodded, "Tonight"