Dragons and dragons and more dragons

The next morning was silent, and then (Y/N) and Hawks woke up. "Why did you fall asleep on my shoulder?!"

"Why did you fall asleep on me?"

Hawks sighed after the whole kerfuffle was over, pretty sure his neighbors would have a bone to pick with him for waking them up at six AM because he and (Y/N) had freaked out over waking up in a cuddle pile. "Listen, stay here, I'll go get into my hero costume, then I'll drop you off at your house." He wasn't ready to deal with the day yet after all the crazy.

"That sounds about right," (Y/N) agreed, smiling as Ravioli climbed into her lap and let out a quiet mrrp.

Hawks vanished into his room and appreciated the silence. Soon after, he walked out of his room, hair still messy, but in his hero costume this time. (Y/N) had found a cat toy in the form of a stuffed mouse on a string tied to a stick and was playing with Ravioli, who was jumping after the little mouse. (Y/N) looked around, examining the apartment a little more now that it was morning. The walls were painted a simple blue and the carpet was thick, plush, and grey.

Hawks crouched down next to them, picking up Ravioli and sitting down, wanting to pet his cat. After a few scratches behind the ears, Ravioli wriggled out of his arms and jumped into (Y/N)'s lap. "Traitor," he huffed quietly. (Y/N) started to laugh.

"C'mon, let's go. I have to be at work in half an hour." She gently set Ravioli on the ground, who murmured a mrraw of protest. Ravioli pawed at Hawks' ankles in anger as if he could have prevented this injustice.

"I'll be back home later, ok?" Hawks promised his cat. Ravioli only replied with a betrayed mraaaow. "I know, it's a tragedy." Ravioli answered him with a reluctant mowr.

"I'm leaving."

"I'm coming with, wait up."

They arrived at (Y/N)'s house, and she was in and out within a few minutes. "C'mon, let's go down to the cafe. I want one of those cinnamon rolls they started selling, and I'm pretty sure you'd like that coffee you order all the time."

"That'd be nice." Hawks looked around the street as they walked down it, silently glad that not many people were out due to the early morning. (Y/N) was peaceful, enjoying the cool morning air. "Are we friends? I mean, we talk, we hang out."

"Yeah, we're friends. Kinda figured we mutually assumed it at this point. Do you watch anime?"

"Yes. Do you?"

"Mhm." (Y/N) scanned the street, looking both for the cafe and for any villains. She spotted a cloaked person carrying a knife chasing after a man yelping for help. (Y/N) grabbed one of her smaller feathers about the size of a kitchen knife and flicked it at the cloaked assailant, pinning their collar to the wall. Hawks was on the same wavelength, sending a few feathers to pick up the person and get them out of the way. They sorted out the mess, getting the assailant, who turned out to be trying to mug the man he was chasing, to the police. They arrived at the cafe, ordering their respective orders. (Hawks decided to get a cinnamon roll, too.)

They ate their cinnamon rolls in relative silence, only interjecting to say something random.

The two of them left the cafe, heading to their respective agencies and promising to text each other when they got home. (Y/N) arrived at her agency, shaking the dirt off her feathers and walking in.

"Good morning, Juno."

"Good morning, Ryochi. Anything you got for me today?"

"Why yes, Miss Joke stopped by. She had an invite to a meeting with Ryukyu for you," Ryochi replied, holding out a slip of paper.