Oh no

(Y/N) followed through with her promise, being just outside the doors to the hospital at exactly eight. She responded by tackling him with a hug, as you do. "I see you're excited to see me," Hawks smiled.

"Oh, like you're displeased to see me?" (Y/N) raised an eyebrow.

"Are we going to go out for coffee now?"

"Yes."

"Glorious," Hawks said, hugging her for a few more seconds and dropping the hug. "Here, let's go." He took her hand, and they made their way to the cafe. Once they entered the cafe, its many patrons were chatting with them, happy they'd returned.

"Hey, Hawks," a woman chirped. "You're looking good today."

"I sure hope so, I just got out of the hospital," Hawks joked.

"Oh really? Are you okay?"

"It was nothing, just a fight with a villain," he said dismissively.

"Hey Hawks, your coffee," (Y/N) reminded him, poking his shoulder.

"Right, right," Hawks agreed. "It was nice talking to you." He wove goodbye and the two of them went up to the counter to order. (Y/N) wasn't sure why she'd interrupted the conversation. Really the coffee could have waited. Maybe she didn't want to stand there and wait for him to finish his conversation. Maybe she didn't want to finish her drink long before Hawks did and awkwardly sit there while he finished his, or to let it get cold or warm waiting at a table for him. Whatever the reason, Hawks didn't seem to mind. They made it to the counter, finding Lorelai working the register.

"Good morning, Lorelai," (Y/N) chirped.

"Good morning Juno, good morning, Hawks." Lorelai almost didn't look up, passing another customer their tea. "I see you're out of the hospital."

"Yes, yes I am," Hawks chuckled half-heartedly. "The food was a bit low-quality, but nothing worse than the stuff in my fridge. "

"Can I get you your usual?" Lorelai asked, raising an eyebrow, her charming smile appearing.

"Sure," Hawks and (Y/N) agreed at once. Lorelai smiled and mixed together their drinks in a flash, handing them to the pair.

"Stay safe, lovelies," she chirped as the two of them went to sit down.

"Mm," (Y/N) hummed, taking a sip of her drink as they sat at their table. "This stuff is good."

"Yeah, it's why I like this cafe so much," Hawks grinned.

"Oh! Juno, I haven't seen you in a while!" Hawks recognized the voice of a young woman he had met before hurrying across the cafe. She was clearly a hero, as seen by her colorful outfit, a large pair of butterfly wings on her back. "And I see you're hanging out with Hawks again!"

Hawks tilted his head, shuffling through his memories. "Mariposa, right?"

"Yeah!" Mariposa said happily, glad the blond hero had remembered her name.

"How's your agency coming along?" (Y/N) asked.

"I already have two sidekicks, both of them are Shiketsu graduates!" Mariposa's wings flittered in excitement.

"Oh, congratulations!" Mariposa pulled up a chair, and the two friends chattered away, catching up and joking and talking about everything from the weather to current events in their lives. (Y/N) looked radiant, her smile bright. To be honest, she could easily light up the dim cafe. He smiled and propped his chin up on his hand, listening to the conversation but mostly looking at her.