Songbird(s)

The next morning, Hawks awoke to Ravioli(the cat) sitting on his chest. "It's nice to see you too, Ravioli," Hawks muttered. He unfortunately had to push his cat off his chest in order to get up and feed him, but he managed. "I swear, you get fur everywhere. I'm surprised none of it gets on my costume." He hopped out of bed and went to fill up Ravioli's food bowl. Ravioli made a beeline directly for his food bowl and Hawks got a scoop of food for him, pouring it in the bowl. He got a toaster waffle for breakfast and ate it plain, not bothering to get out a plate and opting to just eat it and then get dressed for work.

Meanwhile, (Y/N) was still asleep. She awoke from a nightmare, waiting a few seconds before realizing it wasn't real. She grabbed her phone, checking her messages. Hawks had sent a Good morning a few minutes earlier. She grinned brightly and texted a quick Good morning! Her next message was How's Ravioli. Hawks replied with wow ok, I'm fine thanks for asking. (Y/N) laughed, texting back with Glad to hear that.

Hawks heard a knock on his door a few minutes later. He hummed a confused Hm and went to the door. He wondered who it could be. It turned out to be (Y/N), with a pair of tweezers in hand and her hero costume on. "Oh, hey (Y/N). What are you doing here?"

"Promised you I'd teach you to tweeze your eyebrows. What is that, a caterpillar?"

"Fine, I guess." He stepped aside to let her in, trying to hide the fact he found this very amusing. (Y/N) walked in like she owned the place, which she didn't, that title belonged to Hawks.

"Do you have like a pillow or something to squeeze? This hurts a little the first time you do it. And for the next few times you do it, but it's worth it."

"Sure," Hawks replied, heading into his room. He grabbed a small pillow. Hawks walked out of his room, almost forgetting why he was in his room and half expecting only the emptiness of his living room.

"Hey."

"Ahh!" Hawks let out a yelp and almost jumped two feet in the air before realizing it was just (Y/N). "Don't scare me like that, almost gave me a heart attack."

"I just said hey."

"Sorry, not used to having anyone here. Usually it's just me and Ravioli."

"I can see that." (Y/N) looked around. "Here, let's go to your bathroom, it's got better lighting." She took his wrist and Hawks was pulled along. She hopped onto his counter, crossing her legs. "C'mere, I'll start on it. For you, I might just thin out the flyaways here." She pulled him closer by his shoulder and pulled out a few eyebrow hairs. Hawks hissed at the pain and discomfort. "Sorry."

"S'ok." (Y/N) worked quickly, but in under ten minutes she was done. She hopped off the counter and let Hawks take a look. "Woah."

"What do you think?"

"That is uncomfortably straight."

"I know, you're used to them being all uneven and all that-"

"Thank you."

"Pardon?"

"Thank you for the help."

(Y/N) didn't know what to say, but she then grumbled. "Dang it."

"What?"

"I forgot about karaoke night."

"Oh uh, maybe we can go tonight or something?"

"Yeah, that would work." (Y/N) rubbed the back of her neck. Hawks looked a little different with neater eyebrows. It was interesting. (Y/N) wasn't quite sure how she felt about it despite joking about how messy they'd been. Hawks was preoccupied with thinking about a million things. (Y/N) touched his shoulder, turning the million things into one. "Hey, let's go get to work," she grinned, taking his wrist and pulling him to the door. "Evil doesn't take time off."