Fake people

About the time the heroes were entering the building....

The black clothed figure stood in the corner of the room, nudging her hair under her hood. "My lady," someone said, catching her attention. "The heroes approach."

"What of it? We can defeat them."

"My lady, one of them is walking in on his buttcheeks.

"Jester," she sighed. "Fine then, plan B it is."

At the current moment, (Y/N) and Thanatos were creeping through the dark hallways, guard up.

"Hey."

(Y/N) and Thanatos reacted appropriately with a loud, terrified yell. Suneater walked into the light, the fabric of his hood loosely pooled around his shoulders. He was awkwardly hunched and visibly uncomfortable, but Kirishima and Fatgum weren't next to him.

"Oh, Suneater. Thank goodness it's just you. What happened to Fatgum and Red Riot? I saw that you entered the building with them. " (Y/N) looked around.

"Red Riot and Fatgum split up to cover more ground and I lost Red Riot. Sorry for scaring you, I'll just leave if-"

"Listen, do you want to come with us? We need an extra pair of eyes. Also, strength in numbers I guess."

"Yeah, I guess," he murmured, pulling his hood back over his hair. They continued along, combing the floor for a stairway or members of the Reapers. The floor here had something all over the concrete it was made of. The light on Thanatos' staff didn't quite reach it. As they walked forward, Suneater finally noticed something. "Hey Juno, there's water on the floor."

"Water?" (Y/N) looked to the ground. Thanatos lowered his staff to see better, but the three of them were shocked by what they found. (Y/N) almost felt sick. Dried blood was caked over the floor, covered only by a thin layer of water. Some of the dried blood in the water behind them was being kicked up like silt in tide pools.

"What the heck happened here?" Thanatos asked in horror.

"The Reapers are known as a group of serial killers," (Y/N) said, voice quiet. "Looks like they brought a few people back here."

Suneater looked around, grimacing at the sight of all the blood. "Now I wish I had shoes," he cringed.

"You don't have shoes?" Thanatos looked at him quizzically.

"No," Suneater said quietly, hopping onto a raised part of the floor like a cat avoiding a puddle.

"We still don't have an explanation for the water, though," (Y/N) noted. "Keep your eyes peeled, there's either a water source that recently burst or someone with a water quirk nearby. It has to have been recent."

"Right," Thanatos agreed. "Sure."

There was nothing on the second floor as far as they could see, which was strangely more unnerving than seeing one of the Reapers. Only the sound of sloshing water and Suneater's occasional noises of discomfort and horror at the feeling of water on dried blood and concrete under his shoeless feet occupied the large space.

"How far to the staircase?" (Y/N) broke the silence.

"Not sure," Thanatos replied. They turned a corner and a loud splash and scream in terror sounded behind them.

"Suneater!" (Y/N) whirled around, seeing that the indigo-haired boy had vanished. Thanatos had also turned around, and raised his staff to spread the light further. Suneater was nowhere to be seen. "Suneater, where are you?!"

Thanatos pursed his lips and tapped his staff to the ground. "Divine sight," he murmured, a wave of blue light spreading in a fading flash.It lasted only a few moments, but Thanatos' eyes lit up as though he had seen something.