Not again

A week later, the bombing that the Ryukyu agency had been told about hadn't happened, and it was finally the day for Hawks to meet Thanatos, (Y/N)'s sidekick. He wasn't sure what to expect from the meeting, but he sure as heck had to pay attention and be polite. Making an enemy of his best friend's best sidekick was a bad idea. The night before, (Y/N) had texted the details where he would be meeting Thanatos, namely the cafe. Hawks hoped for the best as he walked into the familiar building, ordering his usual and scanning the room. He spotted Thanatos, except his hair had been ruffled from its usual hairstyle and looked a bit like an anime character.

"Hi Thanatos," Hawks said, sitting down across from him. Thanatos looked up from his tea.

"Ah, Hawks. It is nice to properly meet you."

"Yeah, I think I remember that Juno wanted us to meet."

"You are correct," Thanatos nodded. He smiled and sipped his tea.

"Juno's pretty great," Hawks offered, not sure what to talk about and deciding to talk about a common friend.

Thanatos laughed. "Yes, Juno really is a pretty girl. I daren't pursue the thought, but it's true."

"Yeah," Hawks sighed happily, staring out the window with a grin on his face. "She really is."

Thanatos smiled slowly, raising an eyebrow. "Wait, don't tell me..." He paused and held back snickers as Hawks processed what he'd said.

"It's not like that!" Hawks exclaimed, thoroughly embarrassed.

"Like what?" Thanatos' smile turned into a smirk as Hawks' cheeks and the tips of his ears flushed violently red. "You like her, don't you?" Hawks attempted to stammer out a response, and Hawks' generally calm and joking demeanor was gone. "Where's your bravado now?"

"Hey!" Hawks snapped.

Thanatos laughed. "I'm only kidding. Listen, I'll help you get a date with her."

"Huh? But didn't you say-"

"I said she was pretty," Thanatos said. "But she's my boss. You know her well. I'd never have a chance, so I never pursued the thought. But you can take care of her. I know you're a good man, you managed to catch her attention."

"So you're going to help me?" Hawks asked skeptically.

"Of course, if we're gonna be friends we have to stick together."

Hawks raised a very bushy eyebrow. "Friends?"

"Of course," Thanatos smiled.

"This feels a bit like high school," Hawks noted. "So how do you plan on getting me a date?" Hawks asked, taking a sip from his coffee.

"Give me a little time, I don't know off the top of my head." Thanatos leaned back in his chair. "I'll find a way to nudge her in the right direction of asking you out. You're mister 'every girl in the country thinks I'm hot,' catching the attention of a girl who already enjoys your company should be easy."

"Just because I've got fans doesn't mean I know how it happened."

"All you have to do is stand there, look pretty, and try not to offend her. I'll employ the help of some friends of mine. The two of them can do more than me."

"So you're saying that you don't know."

"Hush, give me a second. I'll call one of them up."

In another part of the city, a hero was doing her daily patrols. Her phone rang, and so she answered it. Mirko, I need your help.