Fake names

Before Hawks and (Y/N) left the restaurant, (Y/N) excused herself to the bathroom, having texted Thanatos to meet her by the bathrooms. Whatever Thanatos' intentions had been, she intended to get the full picture. She found the man with the white hair who she had seen talking to the woman earlier. "Thanatos," she said curtly.

"Ah, so you saw through my disguise," Thanatos nodded, reaching up to his hair and pulling off the illusion like a wig.

"It wasn't hard, especially since you were openly discussing your quirk," she hissed. Thanatos was busily removing his disguise. (Y/N) grabbed his shoulder, pulling him a little closer and lowering her voice. This wasn't something she could make a scene about. "What on Earth were you trying to pull?!"

"I was trying to get you with Hawks," Thanatos snapped, yanking (Y/N)'s hand from his shoulder. "The two of you are dancing around the whole deal. You're gonna lose him if you wait too long! I've seen things like this happen before, you can't sit around and stall!" Thanatos' demeanor had changed dramatically from how he usually was. It was unnerving. Part of her wondered if this was the real Thanatos, or if he had been replaced like Suneater had been in the Reaper raid. He didn't usually act like this.

"What did I tell you was my favorite food?

"Sorry?"

"Before I told you my actual favorite food, what did I say that it was?"

"Green bean casserole, why do you ask?"

"Nothing, just checking." (Y/N) shook her head. This was Thanatos, alright. She hadn't told anyone about that, and it had happened months earlier.

"Hey Matsumiya, what's taking you so-" the woman who had been sitting with Thanatos walked up, then froze when she saw (Y/N). "-Long."

"Sorry, Aoki. I was just talking to Juno."

"Ugh, is this about the dinner situation?" 'Aoki' asked. "If so, I'm really sorry, boss." The woman reached up to her hair and pulled off the illusion, revealing Riptide instead.

"You were behind this, too?!" (Y/N) snapped.

"Woah, man. I'm just trying to help out."

"Why are you avoiding telling him?" Thanatos asked gently.

"It's hard," (Y/N) wailed, leaning against a wall. "I already told you, every time I look at him I just melt on the inside and my brain goes kaput. And that's not the worst of it, the idea makes me so nervous."

"Wow, you weren't kidding," Riptide said to Thanatos. "She really is procrastinating."

"You told Riptide?!" (Y/N) snapped.

"He's helping," Thanatos said tentatively.

"Whatever, I don't have time for this," (Y/N) sighed, pushing off from the wall.

"You have to tell him eventually," Riptide said. (Y/N) paused, stopping her movement back to the table.

"I know," She said slowly. "And it's scary."

"You have to, or you'll lose your chance!"

"And why do you care?"

Riptide let out a shout of frustration about as restrained as he could muster. "Because Thanatos is already letting you go so that you can be happy with Hawks!"

"I- what?!"

"Thanatos waited too long and you found Hawks while he was too scared to tell you. I'm not watching you get as mopey as he is because you did the same!"