Chapter Nineteen Version Two

Emma's POV

The dinner I made was chicken with salad and potatoes. For myself I bought a burger that was made from vegetables.

I  noticed Beau was really stressed. He was sitting stively in the chair he was sitting in and he froze when the doorbell rang. I shrugged it off and opened the door for Maisie and Finn.

"Maisie!" I exclaimed. She chuckled and hugged me. "Sorry we're late. I was trying to find my converse." Maisie said. I smiled. "It's alright. Come in."

They came in and sat down at the table. The others also joined me. I was so happy. I had my friends around me. Not everyone but it was still very nice.

Everyone ate and talked. The only one who was very quiet, was Beau. I didn't understand why he was so silent. It wasn't for him to be so silent. It got me worried.

I looked at him and when we made eye contact I tried to make clear I was worried. He made a shrugging motion, meaning I shouldn't worry. He knew it wouldn't work. I knew he was hiding something.

I would just ask him later.

After dinner, Finn and James offered to clean while Jai and Luke made coffee and tea.

That meant that me, Maisie, skip, Beau and Connor were sitting on the couch, in a very awkward silence. I caught Beau glancing at Maisie twice, other than that, he looked down to his lap.

Suddenly, I understood. Beau, who told me there was a girl in England, Beau who seemed uncomfortable when I told him Maisie and Finn would come over for dinner, Beau who didn't talk during dinner, Beau who didn't look at anyone but Maisie now.

Beau had a crush on Maisie.

I didn't know how I couldn't see that before but, everything was so clear now. Beau liked Maisie and Maisie was with Finn. Maisie who was in love with Finn.

There was nothing that could come between Maisie and Finn. Not even Beau.

I felt so sorry for Beau. The worst part was, that he knew it as well. He knew nothing would come between Maisie and Finn.

Beau got up and walked out of the room. I sighed as I saw Maisie look confused. She shot me a look but I just shrugged. She would feel horrible when she would find out that Beau fancied her.

I got up and ran after Beau. He needed a friend. He needed me.

"Beau!" I shouted as I followed him into my guest room where his bed was. He didn't turn around. "Emma, please.. not now." He practically begged.

"Beau, look at me. Please." I pleaded. He slowly turned around.

In front of me wasn't the famous Beau Brooks, it was a broken man.

I wrapped my arms around him. I knew it was the least I could do. I couldn't talk it right. I knew it hurt to see someone you liked with someone else.

"It'll be okay." I whispered to him. He shrugged and sighed. He finally hugged me back.

We stayed like that for a while.

Beau was hurting and he needed a friend. He needed me.

----------

I have a plan guys :) not telling though

A. What about Beau and Maisie?

B. Should something happen between them?

C. Did you guys guess it?

D. Is Emma a good friend?