Chapter Twenty Eight

//Before I start the chapter, I really want to thank all my readers. Thank you for bearing with me. I know I don't update much. I am trying as hard as I can. I started college this year and I am super duper busy. Yet, I will continue this book. There are about between the five and fifteen chapters left. I am not sure yet. I love all of you who always comment. I like to read all your ideas and thoughts. Thank you all!I//

Chapter Twenty Eight

Emma's POV

I looked at Rose. I couldn't believe what she just told me.

She told me that someone has been looking for her. He found her everywhere, no matter where she would go. She tried everything. She had gone to the police, but they couldn't do anything until he'd done something to her. That was the point really, he'd be where she was, but he'd never do something to her.

He was a stalker. He was making her life feel unsafe and scared. Without doing anything. She had to leave. She was always going to be on the move. She always was going to run away from family and friends.

The reason Rose told me this was because she was going to leave again. She had to try to get away from him.

I didn't want her to go. I just knew there was nothing I could do to help her and it hurt. I finally made everything right with my sister, only for her to leave again. I wanted to help her. I just didn't know how.

I looked at Rose.

"Is there no way for you to stay?" I asked carefully. I already saw Rose shaking her head. This was more serious than anything else I had faced in my life.

"I have to go Emma, or else he might go after you. We are split images of each other. I don't want you to be in danger. Not again, you almost have your life back on the rails. I can't do that to you. I am not cruel." She told me.

I wanted to open my mouth and protest, but the look on her face already told me she had made up her mind. She was ready to leave. She had to, in her mind.

I closed my eyes. I really had to let her go.

"I am leaving now Emma. I had to tell you before I am leaving. Maybe I will come back, once it's safe. This man is crazy, he's a sociopath. He won't stop until he got what he wants and he won't feel any remorse or guilt doing so." She said, for the first time, sounding so scared.

I knew she was right, I just nodded and hugged her tightly. I hoped Rose would come back soon. I needed my sister in my life. She was a good person, even though she made some mistakes in her life. She was my sister and I loved her.

"Ik hou van je Rose. Je bent mijn zusje en je bent altijd welkom hier. Vergeet het niet, alsjeblieft." I said pleadingly, in Dutch on purpose. (I love you Rose. You're my sister and you're always welcome here. Don't forget that please.)

Rose had tears in her eyes and hugged me super tightly. "Je t'aime ma soeur." She whispered and smiled sadly. (I love you my sister)

She had her bags in the hallway, a plane ticket in her hands and a cab was waiting for her. She got in the cab once all her bags were in it and the cab drove of, with my sister in it.

I just hoped I would see her again.

*

I was laying on the couch, secretly waiting until she'd call. I knew she wouldn't call. It was too dangerous. I knew that, but I still kept on hoping. I knew it wasn't healthy.

Bertie walked in, he was still here and he was looking out for me. He had noticed my behaviour the last couple of days, but when he had asked about it, I couldn't give him a clear answer without tearing up.