Chapter Five

Chapter 5

Emma's POV

I sunk back into my own thoughts. This was something I had to think about. I just stared at Joe. He looked nervous as hell. I could go on a date with him. I already should've gone on a date with him. I just didn't know why it never happened.

"So, Emma. If you don't want to go on a date with me, say it now." Joe said after a while. I smiles and kissed his cheek. "I'd love to go on a date with you Joe." He grinned like a madman. "Really?" He asked. I laughed. "Yes really."

Joe's eyes sparkled. I laughed harder. "Joe, you know I still love you. We should've gone on a date way sooner. We didn't have to wait four months for a date." I explained. Joe stared at me and a boyish grin appeared on his face.

"You said you still loved me. I rolled my eyes but I couldn't help but smile. "I love you too Emma." I smiled and turned to Joe. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. I knew we were about to kiss and I didn't stop him. I had missed him so much. Well, he was around me every week at least four days, but I mean like this. Romantically.

I looked up at him. He cupped my face and leaned in. I closed my eyes, waiting for the moment where his lips met mine. However, we were interrupted by a cough. I opened my eyes, only to see Jesse.

I blushed, I don't know why, but I did. I moved away from Joe and looked at Jesse. "Can I help you Jesse?" I asked, my voice was a little hoarse.

JOE'S POV

"Can I help you Jesse?" Emma asked. Damn, he ruined my moment with Emma. She actually told me she loved me. I've missed those words from her. I knew she still loved me, but still it was amazing to hear it.

"So, Joe." I heard Jesse talk. I looked up. Emma already left the room, I didn't even notice. "You really want my sister back, don't you?" Jesse asked softly. I only could nod. It was the only answer I had for him. "It was never your fault she didn't appear in the church. It was Roan's fault. She told me he had kissed her." Jesse mumbled.

I sighed. Somehow I should've known that he kissed her. I didn't really know what Jesse expected me to say. "Before he left, he told me it was a mistake that he tried to get her, he said he could see you made her happy, happier than he ever could make her." Jesse looked out of the window.

I didn't say anything, I didn't know what to say. I mean, it's nice to know that both Emma and Roan knew she belonged with me, but I didn't like to hear they kissed. That's something that broke my heart.

Emma came back, she looked different. "Is everything okay?" She asked. I took a good look at her. "Em, did you just cut all your hair off?" I asked confused. She started to laugh. "Oh honey, it's Rose. I did go to the hairdresser to look less than Emma but I guess it didn't help." She said and chuckled.

I face palmed. I felt so dumb. I couldn't even see the difference between my Emma and her sister. I felt so stupid. "Sorry." I mumbled. "I'm a little tired I guess. I'm going home. Tell Emma that I'll be back tomorrow." I said and walked to the elevator to go to my car.

Once home, I called Sam. "Sam here." Sam said vague. "Mate it's Joe." I said casually. "Oh sup Joe?" I rolled my eyes. "I just went to Emma to ask her out." I said, still sounding casually.

It was quiet for a while. "How'd it go?" He asked eventually. "She told me she loved me still and that she'd go on a date with me." I said quickly. "And?" Sam could hear there was more. "I nearly kissed her but then her brother interrupted." I said.

Sam started to laugh. "You never have luck, do you?" He asked. I groaned. "I know I don't. The worst thing is, I still don't know what we are." Sam laughed harder. "You sound like a girl." He managed to say.

I just hung up. He didn't understand I guess. I never understood why Sam never had girlfriends. He was the type for flirting but not for really having a girl. I remember when Emma slapped him and he punched Emma. I was so angry. I'm glad they are friends now.

I sighed and went to my bedroom, looking around. I once shared this bedroom with Emma. Now she's in her fancy own place. She had worked so hard to get it, only using a little bit of her parents' money.

I was so proud of her. I remembered when she broke her hand, how depressed she was. How she started to write a book to progress everything, how she started to write for the newspaper and how she could now laugh at, what she calls, her own stupidity.

Sometimes I wished that she didn't believe in faith or in Karma because she was one of the most honest people I knew. She didn't deserve what she got but still she handled it so well.

I brushed my teeth, still thinking about Emma. I smiled weakly at the thought I was going to see her again tomorrow. I actually couldn't wait. I felt like a little boy a day before Christmas. I chuckled at my own thoughts and went to bed.

EMMA'S POV

I woke up, a ray of sunshine hitting my face, but that was not why I woke up. I woke up because my loving best friend Maisie was shouting in my face, telling me to get up. I groaned. "Maisie!"

Immediately, she was quiet. "Thank god, what are you doing here so early?" I asked grumpy. "I couldn't sleep and I was hungry so I thought, why not visit Emma and ask if she wants to get food with me." Maisie said.

I sighed. Typical Maisie. "What time is it?" I muttered. "Ten o'clock." Maisie replied quickly. Sometimes I hated this girl. I was having a very good dream and I could use it for my secret. Well, now I was awake, I might as well get food with Maisie.

"Out Maisie." And gone she was. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I locked the door and turned the shower on. I quickly got in the shower. While showering, I kept thinking about home, about how things could change so easily. In a way it was logical but it was still weird.

I got out of the shower and dried myself and then got dressed. Humming I might add, I don't know why. Well, maybe I did but it didn't matter. Before you start wondering, the reason is Joe.

Maisie pounded on the door. "Em, hurry up!" She shouted. I opened the door and said: "shut up, I'm here." I grinned. She rolled her eyes. "I'm hungry. Let's go." I laughed and grabbed my car keys.

"I wish I could drive a car! But licences are so expensive and everything." Maisie said and sighed. I chuckled. "You don't want to drive a car. It's expensive and a waste of money." Maisie looked at me and shook her head.

"That was good." Maisie said, patting her stomach. I chuckled. Maisie could eat so much. I looked around, only to have my eyes covered. "Who's this?" I asked annoyed.

"Guess who."

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Back... Hehe.. Sorry... Who said the last sentence?

Send me covers! Photo bucket or my email martje225@gmail.com