25. Until Dawn

"I am not wearing that." I say, gawking at the clothing Julia holds in front of me.

"Why not? You'll look sexy! You can't wear a t-shirt, I forbid you. You're newly single, you've got to show it off." She groans, tossing the small strip of fabric to me.

I lift the tiny shirt up to my chest; it looks like it would just about cover my breasts... and that's it. The neckline forms a deep v-like point, likely to show off everything. Julia tells me to just try it on, and I oblige just to appease her. I turn my back to her, throwing my shirt off and pulling hers on. I turn back, feeling stupidly exposed.

"This is ridiculous." I giggle.

"No, go look at yourself. Wow, the guys are all going to love this." She smiles.

I walk over to the mirror in front of me, looking at myself critically. I tilt my head, surprised that I do not automatically hate the shirt. Somehow, it makes my breasts look a bit perkier; there must be some form of magic in this top. The deep neckline enhances the look of my chest; my only reservation is the fact that my entire stomach is exposed.

I try to pull the shirt down a bit, and Julia notices. She rolls her eyes and waves her wand; the hemline lowers itself about two inches. "That's it." She giggles, looking in my drawer for bottoms to wear. "All you've got is jeans. I didn't bring you pants, I figured you would be a bit more fashionably conscious."

"Jeans are fine; I've told you that Gryffindor is much more casual." I groan, turning back to her.

She laughs, throwing a pair of ripped jeans at me. "Right then, we should finish up. We've got ten minutes before this thing starts. Jacob and Robert said they'd get here a little late, though."

I turn back to the mirror, trying to smooth my hair a bit. This was it; this was the end of the year. Tomorrow, at nine o'clock exactly, the train would leave Hogwarts station to go back to London. I'd go home; we would all go home. The year would be over, and that would be that. I have one chance at a final impression. Look guys, I'm not a stupid prat like I was the whole year.

Julia and I touch up our makeup and change into our outfits. Julia opts for a shirt similar to mine, and small shorts instead of jean pants. She's grown so much more confident than the day I met her. She had been meek then, constantly berated by Marcus Flint. Merlin, he's so completely vile. Jacob was good for her; he encouraged her and made her happy.

Together, Julia and I walk downstairs; the music is already blasting and people are already dancing. Only seconds after my feet touch the common room floor, two bodies block Julia and I's path.

"Well hello ladies." Fred smiles, crossing his arms across his chest.

"You two are much too sober." Lee says, handing each of us a cup. "Don't get carried away now, alright? You look great by the way."

"Absolutely smashing." Fred agrees, his eyes actively trained on our faces.

Julia has noticed too; she bursts into laughter and then drinks from her cup. "Merlin, this is strong. I suggest watering this down if you want anyone walking out of here."

Fred and Lee run over to the punch bowl, casting spells on the drink to make it less strong. I start drinking from my own cup, seeing Julia was right. Julia pulls me towards the entrance of the common room by my arm; I see Robert and Jacob are here.

"Hey gorgeous. You look great." Robert tells me, his cheeks bright pink.

"Hey, Robby. I'm glad you made it." I say, pulling him into a hug. I pull away a second later, not before I catch a whiff of his cologne. Deep, dark, enticing.