♡ O N E - earth ♡

O N E - earth

♡ ♡ ♡

It's been roughly a year since the incident happened-- Octavia and Rosie getting arrested by the guards. Chancellor Jaha sentenced the two girls to the skybox until their eighteenth birthday and were ready to be "reviewed" to see if they were okay to be sent back to civilization or to be sentenced to be floated, or in other words, be sentenced to die.  

After being sentenced, the two girls were locked up into Room 274, the two girls sharing the same prison cell. The two girls, seeming began to get closer with everyday spent in the skybox; sharing secrets and stories of their past lives. Octavia becoming one of the few people to know the true Rosalie Devereux; and Rosie becoming one of the first people to actually getting to know about Octavia and know the real her. Since she hadn't seen Finn nor Raven since the day of the dance, Octavia was the only person Rosie was in contact with, apart from the guards of the Ark, and now the girl was now considered family to the brunette girl.

It has been a year and a half since the arrest of the two girls, and they were sitting in their cold almost empty room. Since heat wasn't a thing in these cells-- they're criminals, they don't deserve heat-- they were sat in the cold almost everyday; the cold becoming a normal thing to them. Octavia was laid on her bed, staring at the empty ceiling, thoughts of Bellamy and her mother clouding her mind; while Rosie was sat in a corner, a journal in her lap, a pen in her hand. Her hand seemed to have a mind of its own, scribbling away furiously at the ebony papers. 

September, 2162 

My 18th birthday is rapidly approaching. 2 days. In just 2 days, I get renewed to see if my crimes are punishable by death. I doubt they're going to set me free. Into the chamber I go. I don't fear death itself. It's what I didn't do, and the broken promises that fears me. 

Octavia is a couple months younger than me. Me being gone first would only leave her alone here. Being alone is what scares her the most; and I guess that's like me too. I fear the aspect after death-- Would it be painful? Where would we go? Will I be alone? What happens? 

 Mother and Father has been gone for three years now, but before they left, they made me promise them that I wouldn't have the same end result as them. That I wouldn't commit any crimes, that I wouldn't get floated. I guess that's just my broken promise now.

It's the things I didn't do that scares me. It's been a roughly year since I last saw Raven and Finn, it could've been longer than that, being stuck in these walls had me lost track of time. I haven't seen them since the night of the masquerade. Makes me regret not appreciating the time I had with them because now, I can't get any of that, I just hope th-

The door to Cell 274 slams open, making the two girls jolt up, ready for whatever the guards were going to throw at them. It's a daily thing for them to come everyday, they would bring food, and agitate the two girls like they were animals. It was cruel what they do, but the girls couldn't do anything about it but glare at the guards, hoping their glares would somehow cause the guards immense pain. 

Rosie quickly stands up, shoving her journal and pen on the inside of her jacket, hoping that the guards wouldn't see and take the thing away from her. It was the only thing, besides Octavia, that kept her sane from the quietness the cell provided. 

"Prisoners 274 against the wall." The guard ordered the girls, looking them over, deciding that they wouldn't miss the two after they were gone. Rosie's mouth begins to dry up immediately as she knew what was going to happen next. Octavia's head shakes rapidly, realizing what was going to happen, and she refused for it to happen. The guards weren't going to take her only friend from her and leaving her to be in solitude again-- Octavia decides that it wasn't going to happen, she would do anything to save Rosie like how Rosie did what she could to save her a year ago. 

"I still have five days left. I'm not 18 yet." Rosie protested, taking a step towards Octavia, her presence comforting to the brunette.

"Against the wall." The guard ordered again, ignoring her comments about her age. Rosie sighs, but complies, knowing that the guards would have their way, no matter what she said or did. It was either the easy way, or the hard way. The guards placed a small box on the table, and opened it with a small creak. The guards clasped a clunky metal bracelet around the girl's wrist, small needles pricking the inside of her arm, making her gasp softly. 

"What the hell is this?" Octavia asks them aggressively. Not knowing what it was or what was happening caused the two girls to become suspicious and very defensive.  

"Walk." The guard ordered ordered the two girls, pushing them out the door with force, Octavia falls in a heap on the floor; Rosie immediately begins to bend down to help the girl up when her eyes widened in fear as she took in her surroundings. It was complete chaos; prisoners being led out of their cells, many running from or resisting the guards. Rosie's eyes widened as she looked at the chaos, realization begins to run through her.

"You're going to kill us all?" Rosie asks the guards, Octavia and her beginning to back up from fear, getting ready to make a run for it, if it came to it.

"No. Keep walking." The guards harshly pulls the two girls back and pushed them forward towards the direction where everyone was going to. 

"If you're not going to kill us all, where are we going?" Octavia asks the guards, making them growl in frustration at the two girls' questions. The guard sighed before turning to another, whispering into his ear. He nodded and handed the other a syringe. The guards plunged the syringe into Rosie's and Octavia's neck before they had the chance to react, both of them beginning to lose conscious as the drug began to make it's way into their system, taking effect almost immediately. 

"Earth." Was the last thing the two heard before they blacked out. Darkness engulfing them immediately. 

♡ ♡ ♡

Word Count: 1107

♡ ♡ ♡