♡ S E V E N T E E N - promise? ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

Storming into camp, all Rosie could see was red. How dare Finn judge her like that? They made a promise to each other when they were 6, no matter what happens, they wouldn't judge each other, no matter what they did, good or bad. And now after Day 3 on the ground, he decided to change and judge her? Octavia noticing the brunette storm her way in, ran down to meet up with her. 

"What happened? Where's Bellamy?" Octavia asked the girl looking around confused. 

"They're in the back. They'll come soon. I'll be at the lake washing up if you need me." Rosie kept her words simple, and then turning to walk off leaving Octavia to stare after the girl in confusion as to why she was acting the way she was. Truth was, Rosie was beyond pissed at the long haired boy, and she didn't want to blow up on Octavia, who was innocent throughout the whole thing. 

 Arriving at the lake, Rosie made a beeline for the waters, eager to wash the blood off of her hands. Sitting down on a rock, she scrubbed her hands raw. She felt a few tears fall down her cheeks as she scrubbed but quickly brushed them aside. When she was finished scrubbing her hands, she decided to go for a "swim" or basically just standing in the water because she did not know how to swim, whatsoever. Rosie made a mental note to attempt to teach herself how to swim. 

With her head underwater, her thoughts seemed to ramble on. Her thoughts deafening her; pushing herself up in order to stop her thoughts, she came face to face with a red eyed Octavia. 

"Atom's dead." She simply said. "I liked him a lot." Her words made Rosie's thoughts flash back to yesterday where Murphy continuously mocked Atom, "Visit your special tree when you were or there?" "Atom took his punishment."  Atom and Octavia had a thing, and that was why Murphy continuously mocked the boy. Rosie gasped as the pieces coming together to form the picture. 

"Octavia." Rosie gasped. 

"Tell me what happened." Octavia pleaded, glancing down at the brunette girl, wanting answers that Bellamy would not tell her. 

"Are you sure?" Rosie asked, not sure if she should tell the girl she became so close to over the year that it was her that killed the boy she's taken such a liking to. Octavia nodded, wanting desperately to know what happened. 

Rosie pushed herself out of the water, sitting next to Octavia who now had her feet in the water, scanning the horizon. 

"Please don't be mad at me, I did what I had to do, Tav." Rosie started after a moment of silence. Octavia's eyes snapped over to the girl in confusion, wondering what the hell she meant by that. 

"What are you talking about?" Octavia asked the brunette. 

"You saw the yellow-orange fog right?" Rosie asked, and waited for the other girl to confirm. "We were running from it. Atom was right behind us. He fell behind? I don't know. We thought he made it to safety. But he didn't. He was outside the whole time. The fog burns, Octavia, I only touched it for 10 seconds." Rosie showed her hand to the girl, showing that the fog was lethal. 

"He was out with that fog, all night. You have that burn for 10 and he was out all night." Octavia mutters, looking at Rosie's burn, trying to understand the situation that Atom was in.