Chapter nine

It was 11pm. And thankfully. Azael hadn't come.

"What are you doing?" Elliot asked, as he dangled his legs off of the edge of my bed, while I sat cross legged, braiding his hair. Elliots hair was short but he hadn't had a haircut in months, so it was do able.

"I'm making you cool," I replied, struggling to get my fingers around each other in order to intertwine his hair, but I made it work.

The sleeve of my hoodie kept getting in the way as I struggled and I slowly began to get irritated by it, so I made sure Elliot was facing forward—he was, staring right out of my large window directly in front of us—and rolled down one of my sleeves.

"I-"

"Sh. I'm concentrating." I told him, as I began chewing on my bottom lip and squinted my eyes, tilting my head slightly as the braid slowly made its way around his head.

"Ri-"

"Sh."

He blew air out of his nose frustratedly, "Azael is at your window."

"What." My head shot up and my eyes narrowed even further as I saw a grinning Azael at my window, his hands tucked into his jean pockets with his dark brown-black hair hanging loosely on his head.

I watched as his eyes flickered to my bare arm and I quickly tugged my sleeve back down, a panicked sweat building on my brow as I got up and stalked towards him. What if he saw what if he saw-

"What the fuck?" I told him, his eyes glanced to Elliot.

"I mean- what are you doing here?"

Azael's lips pulled into a smirk.

"What does fu-" Elliot was cut off. Thankfully.

"I told you I was coming round," he said simply, as he stepped over the small ledge where the window would shut again.

"Wha-"

"Hey, Elliot," Az said to my brother as he walked towards him and ruffled his hair.

I literally just braided that.

Azael dropped down onto my bed, laid down, crossed his ankles over one another, put his hands behind his head and just simply stared at me.

"Why are you here Azael?" I questioned as I slowly made my way back to the bed and pulled Elliot onto my lap, angrily trying to make his hair neat again after someone had messed it up.

"Why weren't you at school?" He replied, completely ignoring my question.

"I asked you first." I said defensively.

"I don't care."

I sighed and tightly shut my eyes.

"Tell me why you are here or leave."

"Tell me why you weren't at school and then I'll leave."

I glared at him. I was going to kill that man.

Of course Azael had to go one step further and come to my fucking house. Couldn't he have just messaged me like Lyssa? Or messaged me on the groupchat like everyone else?

"I felt sick." Bullshit.

"Bullshit." He said. Echoing my thoughts.

"What does bul-" I cut Elliot off before he could say anymore.

"El, why don't you go to bed? I'll come up later,"

"But my ha-"

Poor boy, he hadn't finished a sentence in a solid 10 minutes.