Chapter thirty-four

"Where are we going?" I questioned, turning my face towards him.

The road we were on wasn't the one back to my house, meaning he was taking me somewhere else against my will.

"To mine." He stated blankly, indicating before turning left.

My eyebrows furrowed instantly as a reaction. "Why're we going to your house? Just take me to mine."

His eyes glanced over to me for a second, running down me once and then flickering back up to meet my eyes. "Why were you out so late at night?"

"Answer my question."

"You answer mine." He responded.

It was silent for a few moments before I decided to tell him the truth. Well, at least part of it, "I got into a fight with my parents." I said, before turning my head to peer out of the window once again.

"So I'm guessing you don't want to go home then." He stated.

I didn't reply, just remained silent. I was conflicted, I didn't want to go home and act like I was perfectly fine physically, my limp would rat me out almost immediately. But, I wanted to know what was wrong with Elliot and why they wouldn't tell me, but it had been dragged on for long enough that I could wait another day or two.

He pulled into his driveway and I tried not to focus on the way his biceps flexed beneath his black t-shirt.

He hopped out of the car, before walking over to the passenger seat.

He opened the door for me, extending a hand. "I can open a door." I scoffed.

He rolled his eyes, staring at me for a split second before leaning down to me.

"What are you doing?" I questioned in alarm as his hand snaked around my waist and his other began scooping under my legs.

"Azael?" He lifted me up, my side flat against his chest as he kicked the car door shut and began walking to his front door.

"I can walk myself, you don't have to carry me."

One of his eyebrows raised as he looked down at me. "Tell me that it wouldn't take you 5 minutes just to walk to the front door?"

I opened my mouth to reply before it snapped shut. He was right.

"Exactly," He grinned.

I scoffed. "Okay, well, 5 minutes is a bit excessive, maybe more like 3."

"5."

"3."

"5."

"3-"

"Nuria!" A voice came from inside the house.

My head snapped to the direction of the noise, I found Isabella standing in the door way, the smile on her face quickly fell.

"Nuria.."

She glanced at her brother as she stepped back to let us walk through the door.

It was weird every time I saw her, how similar her and her brother looked. I wondered if people would think that about me and Elliot when he got a little bit older.

He carefully placed me down. Removing his arm from underneath my legs but keeping his other arm around my waist.

"What's wrong with you?" She questioned, narrowing her eyes, "Why did he just carry you and why won't you put your leg down?"

I was about to reply before her brother cut in, "Why aren't you at school?"

Her eyes flickered to him, a scowl spreading across her face before being transformed into sadness. "I'm sick."