song and shadow [pt 2]: tam x biana

"AND IM ALL MESSED UP AND MY HEART'S CHANGED"

Biana was almost at the end of the song. It was one of her favorites, so she couldn't help but sing loudly. 

"CAUSE I CARE MORE ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY"

Twirling around her bed, Biana could have sworn she felt wisps of fog dance around her. But she shook it off as she sang the last verses.

"YEAH, YEAH, YEAHHHH"

"Yea-AHHHH" Biana squealed and put her hand on her heart to somehow steady it. When she opened her eyes, she saw Tam smiling and figured out he was the one sending shadows (weird fog she felt) to dance with her. 

"Tam?"

He flushed. "Sorry to intrude, but I was coming in to work on our project for Foxfire when I heard you singing, and well I just watched you because I didn't want to disturb you-" He pauses. "I'm rambling, aren't I?"

Biana regains her composure. "No, no. It's my fault. I totally forgot about the project and I was singing my favorite song, and I got carried away..." She looked away. She couldn't believe she'd forgotten about the project with Tam. She fought off another blush.

Tam stepped closer in her direction. "Well, I thought you were really amazing. I didn't know you could sing like that."

Lifting her head up, the blush returned. She replied, "I never really felt the need to sing in front of others. There really isn't a lot of singing in the Lost Cities."

---

Tam looked at her curiously. An idea suddenly popped into his head. A crazy idea, but still a good one. "Can you sing another song for me?"

Biana peered at him, startled. "I guess, yeah." 

He settled himself on her bed and gestured for him her to start.

After selecting a song, Biana complied.  A/N: you can play the music video in the banner now if you want.

"Heart beats fast, 

colors and promises

how to be brave, 

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall"

The moment Biana started singing, Tam was fixed on the sound of her voice. A blush started creeping its way to his cheeks. But he started to put his plan to action. Sending tendrils of shadows to dance around her, he waited mesmerized.

"But watching you stand alone,

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

One step closer..."

---

When Biana felt Tam's shadows, she started to sing more confidently. Looking over at him, she gained a burst of confidence, and started to sing to words to him. Truth-be-told, she has always had a thing for rebellious, witty men. 

"I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still, beauty in all she is

I will be brave, I will not let anything

Take away what's standing front of me

Every breath, every hour has come to this,

One step closer..."