prologue

SEOUL, SK
KOOK & CHAE

SEOUL, SKKOOK & CHAE

The moment Jeon Jungkook stepped out of their van, the people crowding around erupted into chaos, more so than usual. Reporters, journalists, and camera-mans were the main individuals that were there, which made the boys confused. Usually, situations like these would consist more of their fans waiting eagerly for their arrival.

They kept pushing forward, towards him, to get closer to him, and their bodyguards tried their best to hold them back. They were all screaming his name. Most times, Jungkook would feel flattered, but there was a different aura that night, there was a different tone to the voices; it gave him an anxious feeling that he could not shake off.

He kept his eyes on the ground, trying not to make any eye contact, as he made his way to the restaurant and trailing behind the others. They were there to film a new episode for their variety show 'Run BTS.' Jungkook hoped the emotions he was feeling currently wouldn't affect the rest of his mood during the taping. He also silently hoped that the boys would walk faster or that the guards would clear up more space for them quicker.

He was afraid of what he knew was for sure going to be exposed sooner or later.

And what he feared the most, came true as the shouts of the people around them became more clear.

"Jeon Jungkook are you dating Blackpink's Rosé?"

"Can you comment on Dispatch's news?"

"Why were you two caught kissing?"

"What happened in Madrid?"

Upon hearing these inquiries, the six snapped their heads back to look at Jungkook. They all had the same expression on their faces. He avoided their gaze as he knew he was about to get the beating of his life.

They rushed into the building and all he wanted at this moment was for the ground to swallow him whole. Jungkook, the usual smiley and collected type, was trembling at the presence of his bandmates.

The tension between him and them pierced through the air. Even the restaurant employees and production staff were afraid. They had never seen BTS like this before.

Someone firmly gripped his hand and led him away. Jungkook looked up to find a blank faced Namjoon. The rest were following behind them.

The seven boys went into a private room of the establishment. It was a conversation they needed to have without the prying eyes and ears of others.

"You want to explain something to us, Jungkook?" It was the oldest, Jin, who spoke up first. To his relief, his hyung did not have an angry tone to his voice. He seemed rather more concerned and worried.

What happened in Madrid, well, they weren't really being that discreet about it, but Jungkook hoped that they wouldn't have been recognized. He guessed that the fans put two and two together and figured out that it was them.