스물 20

SEOUL, SK
KOOK & CHAE

SEOUL, SKKOOK & CHAE

__

The next morning after their eventful dinner, Park Chaeyoung woke up to three messages.

The first was from her manager. A nice wake up text with her flight itinerary included which was scheduled to board in a few hours.

The second was from none other than Jeon Jungkook, wondering again why she was not responding but wished her a safe trip back.

The third, the most surprising and the one that woke her up the most, was from a certain Park Jimin, or so his opening line said. He was inviting them to some sort of surprise birthday party for their main rapper.

Although their groups had become more acquainted with one another recently compared to earlier years, it still came as quite a shock but she appreciated the gesture nonetheless. Besides, she had grown quite fond over Min Yoongi, who treated her like his younger sister.

As she tried fitting all her belongings, plus little trinkets she bought along the trip, into her suitcase, she wondered how her unnie was feeling.

The dinner became quite a disaster after Jisoo shared the information she knew. Jennie grilled her for an explanation but Jisoo had none. They both ended up being quiet for the rest of the time while Chaeyoung and Lisa tried to communicate through their eyes.

"I think Jennie-unnie will catch a later flight back," Lisa sighed. "She said she wanted some more rest."

The three of them were currently in Chaeyoung's hotel room to help her pack her things, as well as discuss the situation at hand.

"Should one of us stay with her?" Chaeyoung suggested.

"Ani, she also said she'd rather be left alone," Jisoo responded, folding her arms over her chest. "I get it."

Chaeyoung looked down at her open luggage on the floor and pursed her lips.

"Are you sure you don't know anything else unnie?" she asked, glancing at Jisoo.

"No, Jinyoung had only mentioned it briefly," she shrugged. "I didn't ask more because we should always respect another idol's private life."

The two younger girls nodded in agreement.

"Yeah... Wait. Lisa, you don't have a reaction to that?" Chaeyoung asked, immediately turning towards her after realizing Jisoo's slip up. Even she did not notice but then covering her mouth with her hand once Chaeyoung brought it up.

"I kinda knew already," she responded sheepishly. "Bambam told me."

Jisoo was surprised. She did not even know that Bambam knew.

"What did he say—"

"Everything," Lisa replied quickly. She glanced at the floor and took a deep breath. "Um, well, since we're all being honest here. A few nights ago, Bambam made me go to their apartment because Jinyoung-sunbae was a mess... apparently because of you. And that's when I found out."