열하나 11

MADRID, ES
KOOK & CHAE

MADRID, ESKOOK & CHAE

It was not hard for a young and naïve Park Chaeyoung to fall for the likes of Jeon Jungkook all those years ago.

The feeling came slowly, and then all at once, like the calm before a storm or a drop over a cliff.

And she was absolutely sure he had felt the same way. Why else would the heartthrob of the kpop industry suddenly try to get close to a nobody like her?

She watched him from afar when she was just a trainee, never having any hope of them becoming friends or even acquaintances. He was way too attractive, popular, and unobtainable for there to have been a chance.

But out of nowhere, he asked for her number at a small party they both attended, and the rest was history. Before she knew it, she couldn't escape him and was everywhere she went. If not for a close idol friend that was with her most of the time, she would have probably identified him as a stalker.

It was a bit creepy at first, but she soon started missing him on the days when he was not around. His presence became needed like water. It was a sensation she had never felt before. She would lay awake at night trying to make sense of it all.

'Is this what love feels like?' she would ask herself.

After a few months, she was finally able to answer her question. Her heart and mind were completely consumed by him. It was such a warm and comforting feeling, having him at her side and seeing a part of him that no else saw.

He would always approach her with questions, mainly about advice on girls and what they liked and disliked, and she had thought this was his way of learning more about her.

Boy, did she think wrong.

The same sudden way Jeon Jungkook had appeared in her life, the same way he had disappeared. There was no warning, no explanation, no answers. He simply blocked her on everything and left. Her efforts would be ignored at award shows or gatherings, and there was no way she would go to her BTS sunbaes for answers. Eventually, she gave up trying and acted like she also hated him back to protect her feelings.

Park Chaeyoung never thought her first heartbreak would have been over someone who was never hers in the first place.

And now, when she was finally at the precipice of letting him go and closing that chapter, his presence, once again, suddenly appeared unannounced.

While fate seemed to be constantly playing with her life, she assumed that for her third day in Madrid, there was no way she would run into Jeon Jungkook again. There was simply no possible reason for it to happen.