열둘 12

SEOUL, SK
KOOK & CHAE

SEOUL, SKKOOK & CHAE

When Jeon Jungkook was a child, his parents discovered that he had a really good voice. He grew up surrounded with music, influencing his desire to become an artist. Eventually, when the opportunity came during his teenage years, he auditioned for an idol program.

Unfortunately, he didn't make it into the actual show but was offered several offers from different companies as they recognized his talent. And upon seeing his Namjoon-hyung rap, he knew that BigHit was the right company for him.

His choice almost a decade ago proved to be right as he was now part of one of the biggest and most successful groups in the world. They were selling out stadiums, earning millions of views, and garnering billions of sales.

Thirteen year old him would have never believed that showing up on a variety show to answer questions about his girlfriend would be a caveat to this amount of fame.

"I know you must get this question a lot now, but please tell us more about your new relationship," the host began.

Upon hearing the question, his body stiffened as he remembered the guidelines he was told by his manager before stepping onto the stage. They all knew that a hefty portion of his guesting would include such comments and inquiries about his relationship, but he never expected it to be straight away.

Jungkook turned his face to look at the big screen behind them which showcased the picture that jumpstarted this whole situation. Was this really necessary?

Even though much time has passed since they were exposed and this whole sham started, unfortunately, the news of them dating was still relevant, especially since they both haven't publicly spoken or confirmed it themselves yet.

And so, this was Jungkook's first live guesting since all of this happened, and he braced himself for the worst.

"That is Rosé-ssi, correct?" the host continued, pointing to the woman in the picture, the one holding the nape of his neck.

This was the first time he really looked at the photo. When it would pop up on his social media feed, he would scroll past it immediately. But now as he gazed upon it, he could still feel her warm touch on his skin and her soft lips on his. He could still remember the way she took initiative and pulled him in closer, both in her arms and into her trance.

After all the drama and complications that have happened, it seemed like a lifetime since those days.

"Jungkook-ssi?" the host cleared his throat that pulled him back into reality. He forgot he was live on air.

He rolled his eyes internally. It didn't make sense why the host was asking him if that was her when it was already officially announced by their companies. Everyone probably just wanted to be nosy and hear the news come out of his own mouth.