스물둘 22

SEOUL, SK
KOOK & CHAE

SEOUL, SKKOOK & CHAE

"Chaeyoung?"

"Chaeyoung?"

"Chaeyoung!"

"What?" she asked.

Park Chaeyoung's head snapped towards their dance choreographer, who had been trying to gain her focus.

Unfortunately, her mind was elsewhere. Actually, she had been like this for almost a week now.

Ever since Jeon Jungkook had dropped her off at her place and left her with a confusing statement, she had seemed like a lifeless body—as if her soul was still trapped in that moment. She was unable to move on, especially since he did not elaborate further and the two have not spoken ever since.

"Are you even paying attention?" she questioned, coming closer to her.

She gulped before nodding solemnly, keeping her eyes on the ground. She can feel the gaze of her groupmates burning through her as they probably all had the same thought coursing through their heads; What was going on with her?

"You do know that your comeback and concert are only days away from now?" she reminded with a stern tone.

"Y-Yes ma'am," she stammered.

Chaeyoung felt like she was being transported back into her trainee days where she was under constant pressure and ridicule.

She must admit, during this comeback, she was a bit lacking from her members. She struggled with her time management, trying to balance a PR relationship, collaboration with Taehyung, and practicing their choreography, was not easy. And when she found herself in the dance room, she could not get her mind to focus as there was too much happening in her life.

Although, she had no one to blame but herself. It was her choice to get involved with Jungkook and it was her choice to agree to that duet. But now, while her members had all the dances memorized and rehearsed, she was still a few counts behind.

"You are to stay one more hour because of your distracted mind and to fix your mistakes," she scolded, daggers shooting out of her eyes. "Again!"

Her girls quickly came to her comfort, patting her back and stroking her hair before they went back to their formation and their choreographer restarted the music.

Chaeyoung took a deep breath as an attempt to calm herself down and push away any thoughts that were irrelevant to the present.

The most important thing to her right now was giving her all to her group and their fans. This was their first comeback in a long time, and she cannot bear the thought of letting anyone down. Her feelings can wait.

This run through was particularly better than all previous, but her performance was still not enough to convince their choreographer to let her leave with the others.