아홉 9

SEOUL, SK
KOOK & CHAE

SEOUL, SKKOOK & CHAE

"And where do you think you're going?" Namjoon asked with a demeaning tone.

He was still a bit hungover from the night previous, but he could clearly tell that it was his maknae dressed in all black, about to step out the door.

"Out," he replied curtly, avoiding eye contact.

Their leader walked over towards him, blocking him from exiting. He had a pounding headache and didn't have the energy to scold their youngest member, but after hearing some of the details from Jimin, he couldn't sit still.

"Not until you explain to me what happened last night," Namjoon said, folding his arms over his chest as an act of dominance.

Jungkook gave out an aggravated sigh. Of course his hyungs would not keep their mouths shut.

It was almost nighttime. The group had a scheduled meeting later and he thought he could sneak off for a few minutes without anyone catching him.

He had been worried about Chaeyoung since she left the club with Chanyeol. Granted, he saw her members trailing behind her, but he couldn't help but feel guilty for not being the one to help her. He was mistakenly too busy giving attention to some random girl. And when he tried contacting her, she didn't reply, even until now. So he's taking matters into his own hands.

He didn't feel an obligation to comfort her as the pretend boyfriend, but by being the only person who knew what she went through. He was sure she had not told her members as they would not have allowed her to even go.

"I'm sorry," he apologized quietly.

Jungkook had felt like he once again disappointed his leader, after he promised it wouldn't happen again straight to his face. Thankfully, several hours had already passed since the party and no new headlines had been released about him and the girl.

"Yah, I'm not mad at you. I know you've been like this," Namjoon sighed, recalling the many times before he had unfortunately caught him with a girl in all kinds of situations. "But this time is different. There's another girl's feelings involved. A person we've all grown quite fond of."

After he let them meet her that one night, he immediately regretted it afterwards. They wouldn't stop badgering him about her. For example, Jin wouldn't stop asking him what kinds of food she liked so he could make them for her. They had gotten more attached than he ever was.

But so much had happen that he didn't even get to fully think about how Chaeyoung would feel about the girl. He was too caught up in trying to reach out her to comfort her about her traumatic experience. But she wouldn't have gotten hurt or jealous over that, right? She knew their relationship was strictly business now, she was the one to establish it to be that way in the first place.