일곱 7

MADRID, ES
KOOK & CHAE

MADRID, ESKOOK & CHAE

Whatever this was, it was most certainly not a date of any sorts. And Jungkook tried his best so no one around them could perceive it that way.

For the rest of the day since their unplanned brunch and her deciding upon themselves to stick together, Jungkook simply pretended she was not there. Although, it was quite the task, as Chaeyoung's loud mouth would not stop blabbering with questions and fun facts about the old city.

He would have ditched her so long ago but he could see and hear the desperation for a friend in her voice that not even he could do it. Besides, his step-sister would murder him on sight if Chaeyoung snitched on him.

"What do you wanna see next?" she asked.

They had already gone to all the shops around Plaza Mayor, buying souvenirs for their families and members. Night time had befallen again and absolutely no one could convince Jungkook to spend another meal with the woman, especially not after those expensive glasses of champagne.

As he predicted, the blonde girl's stomach grumbled after her question and before she could bring up the idea, he interrupted her.

"I think we should call it a night, it's late," he said quickly. He tried masking the desperation of getting rid of her in his voice, but he knew he failed.

Chaeyoung looked down at her watch that read '6:30 pm' and raised a brow. In what universe was this time considered late?

She knew that convincing Jeon Jungkook to spend the day with her was a long shot. She was surprised he had even lasted this long. Still, Chaeyoung enjoyed his begrudging company, even if it was done out of pity.

Jungkook stared at her, nervously waiting for her reaction. His eyes darted back and forth as her expressions changed. Though he didn't want to spend any more time with the girl, he still felt bad about leaving her alone. It's not like he completely disliked her presence. If anything, she helped deter away any females that wanted to approach him.

Chaeyoung pursed her lips before proceeding to nod in agreement, "You're right."

Jungkook gave a small sigh of relief, one she wouldn't be able to notice.

"Just one more thing... could you accompany me back to my hotel?" she asked, looking down at her shoes.

The question was a bit embarrassing to say, but she didn't want travel by herself at night. She knew the likelihood of something happening was low but she didn't want to risk it after the incident at the club.

The man in front of her took a bit to respond. A small part of him did want to say no, but Jungkook knew the correct response was yes, only it took a few seconds to register in his head. He was distracted by the fragile tone in Chaeyoung's voice. Her vulnerability struck a chord in his heart.