열여섯 16

MADRID, ES
KOOK & CHAE

MADRID, ESKOOK & CHAE

On his fourth day in the European country, Jeon Jungkook was convinced he had become crazy. Somehow, he ended up in rural Spain.

It was never part of his itinerary, or even a thought, but he was a stupid and uncoordinated man who had no sense of direction. He had mistakenly gotten on the wrong train, and to make things worse, after getting no sleep last night from his overactive mind, he fell asleep during the ride.

So there he was, stranded until the next train back into the city arrived, which wasn't for a few more hours (if he read the map correctly this time).

He blamed Park Chaeyoung— for many things that happened in his life. But for right now, he blamed her for his insomnia.

After spending the last two days with the woman, he couldn't stop thinking about her. Even on the first night, she had plagued his mind, and now after their carnival date, her presence had set up camp with no intentions of leaving.

Her smile, her laugh, the way she looked under the fireworks, it all held a chokehold on him. When he closed his eyes, she was all he saw.

He wondered what was wrong with him. While thinking about her, he simultaneously thought about why he kept thinking about her. Maybe it was the loneliness finally getting to him. He was so deprived of human contact that his consciousness was settling for the company of Park Chaeyoung. Because on any regular day, he would steer clear of her.

But there was no going back so Jungkook decided to just make the best out of a bad situation. He had a few hours to spend in an unknown land, and it was no time to waste thinking about some irrelevant girl.

He approached a small store next to the busy street that was selling a few trinkets and other merchandise. He was amused to find that they offered personalized items, so he gained the idea to purchase some for his group mates. He grabbed a few keychains that he was going to individually engrave their names on.

Jungkook scribbled down his hyungs names on a scrap piece of paper before handing it to the employee. He stood by as he watched the woman work.

"There's a seventh one," she inquired. "What name did you want me to put on it?"

He doesn't remember reaching for a seventh keychain as he wasn't going to get himself one. He must have unconsciously grabbed another by mistake.

"No—"

Jungkook was about to tell the woman to get rid of it when suddenly, his eyes started playing tricks on him and her face had morphed into Chaeyoung's.