열 10

SEOUL, SK
KOOK & CHAE

SEOUL, SKKOOK & CHAE

Chaeyoung ate what was left of her breakfast. It was quite early in the morning, and she woke up with a craving for pancakes. She couldn't wait until the rest of her members woke up, but she prepared a batch for when they did.

She had been having trouble sleeping this whole week, especially the days after her panic attack and Jungkook showing up at their apartment. There were too many thoughts and troubles swarming in her mind for her to fall asleep peacefully.

Her talk with the girls that she told Lisa they would have had gotten delayed as something came up for Jennie that made her missing in action. And now, she had the stress of a looming discussion with the girls that could happen at any moment.

As she was about to put away her dirty dishes, the lock to their apartment clicked and their door opened. Chaeyoung was confused on who would be entering as she thought all the girls were still in bed.

She slowly crept out of the kitchen, afraid of who might have just walked into their building. She grabbed a frying pan as a weapon to be safe.

Once she turned the corner into their foyer, she was ready to attack the unknown individual, when she realized who it was.

"Jisoo-unnie?!"

"What are you doing?!" the older girl gasped, seeing that she almost got hit by kitchen equipment.

"Omo, I thought you were a burglar or something!" Chaeyoung quavered, clutching her chest as her anxieties had increased.

"Mianhe," Jisoo apologized nervously, scratching the back of her neck.

Once Chaeyoung managed to calm herself down, she asked, "Where were you? I didn't know you went out, I thought you were still asleep."

Jisoo seemed to hesitate before responding, "I-I went for a morning jog." Her eyes were everywhere except meeting Chaeyoung's.

She looked her unnie up and down. Jisoo was wearing a black hoodie, jeans, boots, sunglasses, and a mask. This didn't look like attire one would wear on a run.

"You went jogging in that?" Chaeyoung questioned.

Jisoo froze. She knew that she couldn't think of a good enough excuse to convince her, but she was reluctant to tell the truth. Never telling another soul of this before, it took her a few seconds before she could form words.