스물넷 24

MADRID, ES
KOOK & CHAE

MADRID, ESKOOK & CHAE

__

For once in her life, Park Chaeyoung felt utterly clueless.

If anyone asked her before her flight if she ever had any thought of having Jeon Jungkook in her hotel room at the crack of dawn, she would have called them mad. She would've admitted them into a psychiatric institution.

And yet... there he was.

The two of them were sprawled out on the floor. She had her back against the foot of the bed while he laid on his stomach in front of her. Several bottles of wine were opened and drank.

They had talked themselves dry, about anything and everything, but mainly things about the present or the future, never about the past.

"Yah, I'm not a red flag!" he whined immediately after she accused him of being one.

This was one of the many topics that had come to pass that night. Chaeyoung laughed into her glass.

"Talk to me when you're not a Virgo man with tattoos and a name starting with J," she grunted.

He furrowed his brows in confusion as if she had just spoken a foreign language.

Chaeyoung did not know if it was the expensive wine or just the mere spectacle of that night but she swore she started to hear birds chirping. If anything it was an indication that, as pleasant as the moment was, it must come to a close.

"I don't think you're in any state to find yourself back to your hotel," she said, attempting to stand up, only to be a bit shaky on her landing. She must have been more inebriated than she thought.

"I don't think you're in any state to find your bed," he laughed as he rolled on to his back. "I'm perfectly fine here if you're okay with it."

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and buried herself under her duvet. She threw a pillow over the bed, hoping it landed somewhere near him, having no energy to keep any conversation going and settling for the fact that the two of them were going to sleep in the same room together. 

She didn't hear another word from him as she turned off the bedside lamp.

The room turned dark as she was left under the covers, staring into the abyss of the ceiling, starkly awake by the thought of his presence. It wasn't suffocating nor uncomfortable, but it was unrelenting and outright just... weird.

What the fuck was Jeon Jungkook doing in her hotel room at four in the morning?

These past few days she had spent with him were already confusing enough, he just had to show up unannounced after they agreed to never see each other again.