하나 1

MADRID, ES
KOOK & CHAE

MADRID, ESKOOK & CHAE

The first thing that Park Chaeyoung felt when she boarded off of the plane and touched Spaniard soil was not the stickiness from not showering for days nor the scorching humidity, but the relief from the calmness of her surroundings.

For once, there weren't any screaming fans reaching their hands out to try and touch her, or interviewers trying to push through the crowds in hopes to get at least one answer to their questions, or flashing lights from the cameras at every angle. No, there was none of that, for no one knew that she was there.

Don't get her wrong, she loved being an idol. Her dream since she was young was to perform and create music. She was more than thankful everything she had and the blessings she had received, but though she might seem entitled if she admitted this, but sometimes it can be too much. Sometimes it felt like she did not have her own life anymore. Everything about her was shared. Every errand ran, every trip to the airport, every quick stop for coffee, every bare faced days, it was all captured and documented.

She had nothing kept to herself anymore.

Except maybe this, hopefully this.

She was given a week to spend in this foreign country of Madrid, to do whatever she wanted, given that she would lay low and wear her disguise as the public has been lead to believe that she was still in South Korea busying away with preparations for Blackpink's comeback, which did have some truth to it.

The girls and her have spent countless of nights and days recording for their album for the past two months. They are now at their last few weeks before release. The day Chaeyoung comes back, they are thrusted into work once again to finalize everything. So this truly is her one last hurrah, one last breath of peace, before the storm comes breaking in.

After a few minutes, she finally spotted her chauffeur who was holding a sign with the name 'Ms. Rosie' written on it. She gave him a kind smile before she handed him her suitcase which he gladly accepted.

"How was your flight miss?" he asked her as they stepped out of airport.

Chaeyoung was taken by surprise by her environment. She had never been to this part of the world before and so it was a big change for her. But it was beautiful and breathtaking, she must admit. She was definitely not in asia anymore.

She cleared her throat and composed herself before replying, "It was well, thank you for asking."

The rest of the car ride to her hotel was silent with a bit of shallow conversation here and there. Most of her attention was fixated on the window to watch her moving surroundings.

Though she was excited, she also felt rushes of fear and anxiety. She had never been alone before. Usually, Chaeyoung would have her members, or even managers, ready at her side, but this time, she had no one. No one to latch on to, no one to step behind. She was never the independent type. Maybe this will be a learning experience, or it could go horribly wrong. She chose to think more positively.