셋 3

SEOUL, SK
KOOK & CHAE

SEOUL, SKKOOK & CHAE

"So, when are you seeing him next?" her hairstylist asked giddily.

Chaeyoung was currently getting her hair lightly retouched to finally get her pictures finished. Since her album photoshoot was unexpectedly cut short, they had to reschedule it to another date.

A few days had already passed since the news first broke out, and now, Jungkook and her were on the front of every tabloid. The whole world wanted to know more details about their new relationship and see more photos of them together. They were already being referred to as the couple of the year (it was only April).

Chayoung stood under the professional lights thinking of an answer. Just a few hours ago, she made the mistake of almost admitting to her driver that it was all fake because she assumed he knew from how close they were. She didn't want that to repeat so has to remind herself that only select people knew and to think before she speaks now.

"Maybe some time this weekend?" she replied with a giggle, giving into the head-over-heels narrative they had to convince people they were really together.

Of course, she could not say exact details as she did not want to be followed if ever or have any rumours spread around (although she had the utmost trust in her hairstylist, especially with the amount of times she has bleached her dead hair). It wasn't completely a lie either.

After sending his calendar, Jungkook and her were able to formulate a schedule for the next three months. If everything went according to plan, they would have exactly one meeting every other week. They thought that was enough and that the public would understand considering how busy they both were with their professions. And so, their first date is scheduled on Sunday night — a simple dinner at Chaeyoung's favourite restaurant.

Talking with Jungkook felt like she was talking with a business partner. Every word she said was calculated and intentional, all in attempt to make it known that she was not there to have fun or enjoy herself. It was an agreement that neither one of them wanted, but will have to live with.

But their planning was all done over text and calls, and once they were finished discussing, Chaeyoung would immediately end the call, leaving no room for small chit chat or unnecessary comments. Jungkook did not seem like he was complaining about this arrangement either.

But what she was really anxious about was their "dates." She wondered what they would even talk about. She was already struggling putting up this cold and rude exterior that was very unlike her. Sure she had always acted like she hated him, but that was only because he initiated it first.

She was scared that one minute alone with Jeon Jungkook would soften her and she would revert back to the vulnerable girl in Madrid, or the innocent girl who just debuted.