열셋 13

SEOUL, SK
KOOK & CHAE

SEOUL, SKKOOK & CHAE

Ever since he lashed out on their youngest member in the hallway of BigHit, Min Yoongi had been feeling a small sense of guilt. Though Jungkook deserved the truth straight up, he knows his delivery could have been more empathetic.

Maybe he was driven by the constant irritating sight of him leading the poor girl on, or (most likely) by the fact he was going through his own problems of an unrequited love himself.

He wasn't sure that Chaeyoung had feelings for the boy, but he remembers how close they were and how she used to look at him in passing. Although the expression behind her eyes seemed much harder to read nowadays, he knew that a feeling like that doesn't just go away, no matter how much time or distance.

He also had first hand experience of this as he was quite sure his feelings for a certain woman were gone, but because her group member suddenly got tied up with one of his, her presence came back into his life like a tornado.

His attraction towards her started like any other; admiring from afar and watching her perform. He always liked her personality and talent, probably the same as other male idols in the industry.

He managed to tame his growing feelings by forgetting she existed and avoiding anything Blackpink, that is until Jungkook decided to kiss one of them. Now, with their groups somewhat intertwined, a feeling of hope had grown in his heart.

Maybe that's what led him to the bubble tea shop near the YG building this early in the morning; to be able to catch a glimpse of her. At Jinhwan's party last week, she always seemed preoccupied and there was never a good time to approach her (not that he had the courage to do so anyways). So he settled again for faraway glances of longing.

He heard this shop was popular among all of the artists signed under YG as it was very accessible. He sat in the corner with a cap and mask on, probably looking like some sort of stalker or sasaeng. He had no idea if she would show up that day, but he took a chance.

Yoongi's phone vibrated. He probably got a text from one of the boys wondering where he was. It wasn't like him to disappear without telling them, but the truth was too embarrassing to share.

As he looked down to check, a feminine voice had appeared.

"Yoongi-oppa, is that you?" she asked.

He looked back up to see a tall blonde girl with a bright smile. Well, she was a Blackpink member, just the wrong one.

"Chaeyoung-ah," he greeted warmly, pulling down his mask. While she wasn't the girl he necessarily wanted to see, he felt a wash of relief that it was her.