열일곱 17

SEOUL, SK
KOOK & CHAE

SEOUL, SKKOOK & CHAE

__

Kim Jennie had always played her cards right.

She imagined this was the main reason as to why she had become so successful over the years. If it did not benefit her or if it somehow ruined her image, she would not indulge in it.

But sometimes, even her best decisions did not play out according to plan. For example, her special stage with BTS' Yoongi was thought to have been a power move, especially in learning more and propelling herself in the rap scene, but she was only met with backlash and criticism by his fans.

But maybe she also just had the worst luck.

She hoped that her most recent life-changing decision would not turn out like that. Because she did not know what she would do if it did. This one involved her personal life.

"What will you be having?" he asked, setting down his menu and placing his elbows on the table.

The man in front of her stared at her with eyes full of wonder and awe, like she was the most precious jewel. Jennie felt shy under his gaze.

This was one of the reasons she fell for him in the first place. In a sea full of people, he made her feel like the only one who mattered.

"My usual," she replied, returning his smile. "What about you?"

"I'll have what you're having. There's just so much to choose," he replied.

But even though it had been months already, she still did not know much about him.

She liked how she felt around him and she was sure he felt the same, but their relationship had not progressed or gotten any deeper since the beginning, which made her slightly worried.

"You know, Chaeyoung-ah was just here a few weeks ago," halmeoni commented as she came back to their table. "Did you all just want me to meet your new boyfriends? When should I expect Jisoo and Lisa to come then?"

Jennie chuckled nervously, "Oh, I didn't know that."

"Halmeoni, could you not tell the girls I was here? If you see them again... I haven't necessarily told them yet," she said with a sheepish grin.

After her brief talk with Lisa, where she found out that she knew all along of this relationship she was trying to keep a secret, she had been genuinely preparing herself to tell the rest of them.

There was so much on everyone's plate already, especially with their comeback. It was their first in almost two years. She could not bear the repercussions on each of them if news of her dating another idol ever breaks out. At least the media reacted well to Chaeyoung's announcement, but her, she may not have as much luck.