스물셋 23

SEOUL, SK
KOOK & CHAE

SEOUL, SKKOOK & CHAE

It was at the local grocery store when Kim Jisoo finally crossed paths with Park Jinyoung again.

She was buying groceries for their apartment as they all realized their lack thereof once the news that Chaeyoung was able to be discharged from the hospital was announced. They opened their fridge and their pantry to find stale foods and half eaten snacks.

The main singer had spent another night there before the doctor allowed her to go home. She still needed to continue resting so Jisoo took initiative to get everything she needed while she was recovering. She knew she could have just asked one of their managers to complete the task, but she needed a reason to leave their stuffy apartment that had been experiencing an awkward tension since Chaeyoung's hospitalization.

The topic of their dreadfully nearing comeback day had become taboo as the unspoken presumption of her being unfit to perform hung over everyone's head. And while a complete show with all members would be ideal, they were not going to force Chaeyoung.

She must have been so lost in thought that her cart full of items had accidentally rammed into the GOT7 member's body once she turned a corner and didn't see him.

She recognized him almost immediately as he let out a sharp shriek of pain.

For a second, Jisoo contemplated a quick getaway to avoid an uncomfortable encounter, but it was too late and the grocery store was not a place to do a hit and run.

"I'm so sorry," she apologized nervously, trying to hide deeper behind her mask and hat, praying to God he lets this one go.

He faced her and his gaze softened.

Jinyoung looked the same as she last saw him. But more importantly, Jinyoung looked at her the same as she last saw him.

And she couldn't decipher if that was a good or bad thing.

"It's okay," he replied with a tone suggesting that he knew it was her. "It was my fault."

Jisoo laughed anxiously, realizing any attempts at continuing to hide her identity were useless, "It was nice seeing you."

That was a lie. It was in fact not.

The last time she did see him was not nice at all. She was seated a few feet away from him, watching him with glossy eyes, sharing a meal with an unknown woman.

The image of them eating and chatting had lingered in her mind since then. She had resolved to confronting him about, well, everything, in order to gain some closure. But any efforts to send a message were halted by her member's sudden admission into the hospital.

And now, at a public grocery store during the middle of the day, was not the time to get her closure.

She gave him a soft bow before starting to turn her cart around.