둘 2

SEOUL, SK
KOOK & CHAE

SEOUL, SKKOOK & CHAE

The thing they dreaded the most about this whole scandal was confronting their respective groups about their new disposition, Chaeyoung most of all. Standing in front of their dorm rooms, she wondered how her members would react to everything.

Before all of the commotion, she was at a photoshoot with for their album. All of the girls had done their part already, and it was only her pictures that were needed to be taken as she was in another country. She was in the middle of an uncomfortable pose when chaos erupted.

Suddenly, all of the phones in the room started buzzing. The photographer did not even have his attention on her anymore. All of the staff were either looking at their device, or at her. She was puzzled as to why the environment became tense. Unexpectedly, her manager grabbed her and started explaining the situation as they exited out into the building. Her suspicions were right that all of their whispers were about her. Chaeyoung figured this would happen.

And so, she hasn't seen them since the news came out. They were probably blowing up her phone with millions of calls and messages (along with her other idol friends, most notably Sooyoung), but she looked and answered at none. It had been a busy and stressful few hours.

Once she opened the door, she expected yelling and screaming, but there was none of that. Chaeyoung did not know whether to sigh in relief or cower in fear. She took a few steps, with each one comforting her more and more. She started getting the feeling no one else was home. But when she peered her head into their living room, their dorm erupted into chaos.

The squeals of three girls could be heard from three blocks down. They pounced on her, both physically and with questions.

"Yah! Park Chaeyoung, what was that?" Jisoo, their eldest, questioned her with a strictness laced into her voice.

"Of course, all this time you both acted like you hated each other but that was all to cover up how in love you were!" teased their youngest, Lisa, with hearts in her eyes.

"Did you do it in Madrid?" Jennie asked, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

These were three different, but predictable, responses to her situation. Chaeyoung pushed away every single one of them. She plopped down on the couch and buried her face into a cushion, ignoring their words.

"Give me a minute," she muttered, with clear tiredness in her voice.

All at once, the three girls' questions and teasings stopped. They sat down and gave one another a knowing glance. There was a comfortable silence among them as they waited for when Chaeyoung was ready to respond.

A few minutes pass by and they start to hear sobbing coming from the girl of the hour. Jisoo, Jennie, and Lisa looked at each other worriedly. They did not know if they should let her be or comfort her.