// 1 //

a/n: when the characters refer to each other/people as hot, it is not meant in a sexual way!! it is meant in a "you are physically attractive" way, like a "handsome" type way? just to clarify in case anyone got the wrong idea! ^^;

--

Noel stared at the boy on the bleachers.

He was standing on the court, feet heavy against the wooden floor, sweating and panting in the middle of a volleyball game, and all he could focus on was the cute boy on the bleachers?

Fanfic-type shit right there.

Noel wondered if he was drooling, then nearly laughed at the thought. The boy was super cute, of course, but did people really drool over others in real life?

no.

maybe.

noel wouldn't know, actually.

slam!

He was snapped back to reality as the ball smacked him right in the face, hitting his jaw. God damn it. His jaw.

Noel tumbled to the ground awkwardly, his height of 6'6 not exactly helping him fall gracefully. He probably looked like a tree toppling over.

What an odd thought. A mildly funny one, nonetheless.

One single teammate reached out and helped him up, prompting Noel to thank him. One of the rookies on the bench's jaw dropped as he saw Noel pop his own dislocated jaw right back in.

He could unhinge his jaw pretty easily, so that was no sweat. His face did hurt a little from that ball though.

(a little was an understatement. noel pondered the thought of crying. he decided against it. the cute boy was watching the game intently, and noel did not want to embarrass himself like that.)

The game continued. Although Noel felt a little bad since the cute boy was watching, he noted that this game was going to be particularly hard. So he went with his difficult-game tactic.

When the rotation brought him up to the front, Noel smirked at the nearest opponent, who was staring at him in confusion.

"What, like what you see?" He asked, choking back a laugh as the other dude's face turned red with embarrassment. He knew for a fact that the other guy was straight, and that only made him more confident about the game.

He was exuding so much drip that even the straightest guy he knew from the other team was blushing over him.

Sure enough, when the ball was knocked over to the opponent's side, the guy Noel had flirted with--who would've gotten the ball--fumbled it with a terrified glance over at Noel, who towered over his 5'7 ass like a giant.

Noel's team won the game. They congratulated each other and headed for the locker rooms to change, Noel preferring to hide in a stall and change as he disliked having to invade the others' privacy by seeing them change. And vice versa, actually.

I mean, not that Noel was gay, but guys were hot.

Well.

Noel was actually quite gay, and openly so, but that wouldn't stop him from mentally denying it every now and then for the lols.

Why was it funny to him? Who knew. But it was, and he didn't really care if it was stupid. He'd do anything to make a person laugh, and if that person was himself, then he was still a person, wasn't he?