// 22 //

a/n: dw to the person who  i wrote the free hugs scene for. i will find a way to incorporate it...i promise......

-- -- -- --- --- -- - -- -

Noel was confused.

He'd gotten back to Callum's house and Callum was nowhere in sight. 

He was going to text Callum, but he remembered that he'd left his phone at his house. So he said goodbye to Claire and Garrett, who were both clearly worried about Callum, and walked the fifteen-minute walk back to his neighborhood and back to his house.

They'd gone trick-or-treating in Noel's neighborhood, so if Callum was lost it'd be difficult for him to find his way back. Noel figured that Callum would be okay, though.

Noel entered his house with a smile, eagerly searching for his phone.

"Mom!" He called. "Where's my phone?"

"Here it is, Noel, darling." His mother gave it to him with a stern look on her face. "It's been buzzing constantly. I don't know what kind of people you hang out with to be so...annoying."

Noel's smile dropped. He fumbled to open it, seeing that Callum had been spamming him for help.

"Oh my god, Mom!" Noel felt tears form in his eyes as he desperately texted.

noel!!!: CALLUM ARE YOU OKAY?? THAT WASN'T ME, MY MOM HAD MY PHONE
noel!!!: CALLUM??? CALLUM

[!! Message not delivered !!]

He'd been blocked.

Noel took a deep, heaving breath. Should he call the police to find Callum? No, Callum would probably call Clarice and Garrett, or use Google Maps to find his way home.

Nonetheless, Noel wasn't sure how to explain this. Would Callum believe that he forgot his phone at home? Would Callum believe that Noel's mother was kind of rude sometimes?

Likely not. Noel felt despair tear at his heart.

He was fucked.