// 15 //

a/n: lmao i really just sucker punched all of you with that last minute angst

-- -- -- -- -- -- - -- -- --- - --- -

As bad as Noel felt about Callum, he couldn't stay guilty. Because, well, Callum forgave him. Every single day. For the first week of the UK trip.

Noel couldn't help but apologize several times per day. Callum insisted that it was okay, and they called and Noel apologized again and Callum said "stop apologizing you absolute moron" so Noel did as he said and stopped apologizing.

Tubbo called him a simp for it, but Noel simply did not care. Tommy was pretty upset himself, but Tubbo talked him down before he could beat Noel up.

Not that he could. Noel was strong enough to snap Tommy in half over his knee.

Callum and Noel called at least once every few days, and if Tommy was there then he and Tubbo would join in. 

Callum joined some of their streams from home and streamed a lot. He did also capitalize on his misery, titling half of his streams PLAYING MINECRAFT BECAUSE RANBOO LEFT WITHOUT ME.

According to Callum, his aunt and uncle were really nice and wanted to meet Noel when he got back from the UK. Noel was very okay with this--he'd already met Callum's parents, and goodness knew they weren't the coolest.

Honestly, they were okay people, but the whole Callum-being-trans thing seemed to be an uncomfortable subject to them. Which made them drop below the okay line.

The UK trip was so much fun for Noel. Literally living with his best friend was pretty damn awesome, especially with Tommy visiting like every week and Callum FaceTiming every few days. 

Oddly enough, Noel started to miss Callum around the start of his second month in the UK. He brought this up to Tubbo and Tommy, saying it didn't make sense because he was talking to Callum like twice a week and streaming with him a ton, too.

Tommy and Tubbo exchanged knowing glances that made Noel scowl.

"What do you two know that I don't, here, hm?" He  questioned. "I can see you having conversations with your eyes. Share with the rest of the class, why don't you?" 

Tubbo snorted and Tommy opened his mouth.

"You, sir, are crushing on my dear brother." He bluntly stated. Tubbo started laughing and Noel blinked.

"...I mean," he recalled how he'd been thinking about marrying Callum just like a week after meeting him. "You're not wrong."

Tubbo was crying with laughter. Tommy just smirked.

"Good to see you're not in denial." He shrugged. "Okay, so, what is there to be confused about? You're missing him 'cause he's in a different country and you can't physically be there with him.

Noel blinked again.

"But...I'm talking to him very often." He repeated, confused. Tubbo was howling with laughter, rolling on the kitchen floor.

"Ranboo--Noel--my friend," Tommy placed a hand on his shoulder. "You're an idiot."

Tubbo wheezed.

"I don't get it." Noel deadpanned.

"You're in love." Tommy explained slowly. "Your beloved is not here with you. Therefore you are sad."

"But I'm talking to him--?"

"But he's not here though."

Noel suddenly understood what Tommy was saying. It was because he hadn't been near Callum in a month.

"Oh." He suddenly felt very sad. And also very lonely. "Oh."

"Yeah, oh." Tommy's voice was almost...understanding? oh. right. 

"Welcome to the wonderful world of Missing Callum, also known as the Misery Express." Tommy smiled brightly at Noel and then walked out of the room.

Tubbo heaved a deep breath, wiping away his tears of laughter, and followed.

Noel was left standing dumbly in the kitchen, gaping at the doorway.

"The fucking what--?"