// 22 //

a/n: i just read sunkissed by @/-MIKEYMYBEL0VED and omggnfigjfjg it's so good?? ?hello ?? ?? ? freddy is my favorite fic character ever rn holy fhsikt i would fall in love with him tbh

s-secretlover this one's for you, you asked for someone named george after you to hug ranboo; ask, and you shall receive

edit: turns out i don'/t even need to rewrite this it's fine as it is theres no mention to what happened in teh argument so wahtever

the hug remains :)

---- - -- - - --- -- -- - - - - - - - -  -

Noel stared at the teenager before him.

FREE HUGS, read the sign hanging around the teenager's neck. They were blindfolded, just kind of standing there.

Noel figured it was for the anonymity that made people want to open up. Which was so stupid, right? People loved to talk about themselves when they knew those listening wouldn't know who they were.

That was such a stupid idea, though. Noel would never do anything like that.

"My name's George," the person offered up as Noel let them hug him. "Are you alright?"

Noel very much wanted to cry at the question. He chose to keep it together.

"Yeah." His voice came out very small.

"That's a lie." George said very matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, I'm a big fuck-up." Noel muttered sadly with a laugh. The tears were really pricking at his eyes now. "Screwed things up with the boy I like. He hates me now."

George uttered a sad noise.

"I'm sorry about that," George patted Noel on the back. "You're not a fuck-up. I'm sure no matter what it is, you can still fix things. And even if you can't, you can do your best to move on. Whoever the boy is, he's probably wrong to not forgive you. Unless you cheated on him. Or were manipulative. Okay, maybe he's not wrong. But don't be sad!"

Noel laughed quietly. 

"Thanks, George." He muttered, pulling away.

"And, hey--if you ever need another hug." George held out a paper that probably had their number on it. It was held out in the wrong direction, because George was blindfolded, but still. Noel took it and smiled.

"Thanks, George." He repeated. Oddly enough, Noel felt a little better than before. The bustling street paid the pair no mind as Noel tucked away the paper and went on his way.