// 5 //

a/n: happy pride month, by the way ^^

-- -- -- --

Noel bumped into Callum as soon as he got into school, which wasn't shocking considering they had multiple classes together. The two of them started to talk, which brought a smile to Noel's face as he later thought about it further. 

They had chemistry.

Now if only Noel had passed his chemistry class with an A. (he'd passed with a C+)

After about a week of talking, Noel was convinced he was in love with Callum. And now that Tubbo knew, Noel could freak out to Tubbo on call after school every day. 

He'd just ramble for about an hour each day about everything Callum did and said that made Ranboo certain he literally just wanted to marry the boy. Tubbo would laugh and make fun of him for being a simp but also give good advice, which Ranboo appreciated a lot.

The realization that Noel and Callum would both be going to college in two years hit Noel like a truck.

It had yet to hit Callum.

Noel was extremely sad on the second Saturday that passed after he'd met Callum; purely because of this realization that he'd lose Callum soon. 

He was also really pissed at himself because it seemed like he had wanted to marry a guy after talking to him for like a week about 3 times in his life, now, and he'd literally only been out at school for a year.

None of those relationships had worked out for longer than two weeks, but he had been hopeful about this one.

except that he would be shit at long distance.

Noel needed a lot of alone time. Back before he'd realized he was gay, he'd dated a girl who lived like 4000 miles away from him once, and she'd decided to dump him because he facetimed her like once a week and preferred to chat without calling or even just be alone usually.

He was worried Callum might've inherited some of that clinginess like Tommy and wouldn't like that.

Hold on a moment, what was Noel doing?

Callum did not have feelings for him.

he said he's gay.

THAT LITERALLY DOES NOT MEAN HE HAS FEELINGS FOR ME????

you of all people should know gay people fall in love with like every person they meet !!

BUT WHY WOULD HE FALL IN LOVE WITH ME???

bruh-

Noel paused his mental argument to check a text from the aforementioned boy.

callum: motherfucker

callum: how is a video of you making a cake possibly that funny? fucking fucker piece of fucking shit

noel: i promised i'd make a cake that'd kill god

noel: and i did what i said i would

callum: holy fuck you respond fast

noel: my phones never on dnd

That was a lie. He had set it so he'd get texts from Callum even on do not disturb mode.

callum: fuck

callum: shit

callum: balls

callum: i must bid you farewell for now

noel: what

callum: FUCKIGN TOMMY HAS CALLED ME SEVEN TIMES IN THE PAST HALF HOUR AND I DIDNT NOTICE HAHAHAHAA ADIOS BOOB BOY

noel: fuck you !!

noel: and goodbye

noel: hope tommy's ok also that sounds concerning :(

[that last comment made Callum smile. Noel was quite caring despite his slenderman-like appearance of being very tall.]

Noel, meanwhile, was shouting into a pillow. Which didn't muffle much at all, so his mother came knocking on the door in concern.

"I'M FINE, MOM." Noel yelled with a dramatic groan. "JUST IN ANGUISH OVER A BOY."

He was out to his mom and she didn't really mind. Although he was pretty sure she didn't quite get it.

He heard a chuckle and then a soft,

"Good luck with that, I guess?" And then her receding footsteps.

He laughed.

"Thanks. I'll probably need it."