// 25 //

a/n: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i have psats wednesday...

e ee e  e ee k

--------

The floor was cold.

So...this wasn't the floor. What was it, then? Was it, perhaps, a bed? No...beds were firmer than this. 

Noel let his eyes flutter open slowly. He blinked a few times before realizing that he was, in fact, staring straight into the torso of one Callum Burns. 

Noel scrambled backwards. His head was hit with a sudden pang of agony and he winced, grabbing at it weakly. God, his head hurt.

"Are you okay, man?" Callum questioned cautiously.

Noel squeezed his eyes shut. Maybe if he wished hard enough Callum would go away and Noel wouldn't have to deal with this. Maybe--

Wait. Did he wake up with his head in Callum's lap?

The headache got worse. God damn it, Noel.

"I-I'm fine." Noel wished he hadn't said anything. His mouth felt like sandpaper and his eyes were watering. Desperately, Noel tried to stop the tears from falling.

Callum was worried about him. Callum helped him. They were in the hallway now. Noel could tell that the lights had been shut off in that particular hallway so his head wouldn't hurt--so then he probably had a concussion. Great.

Even though Noel was a complete asshole and couldn't do anything right, Callum still worried for him. 

The tears spilled over. Noel curled in on himself, hunching over so his face was buried in his knees.

"Huh? N-Noel?! Are you--should I get someone--?" Callum sounded panicked. Noel shook his head frantically, but the motion made him nauseous with pain. He stood up and bolted for the nearest hallway trashcan before vomiting weakly into it.

"S-sorry." Noel wiped his face with palm, not having any sleeves to wipe it with. It was gross, but it would have to do. "I think I have a concussion."

"Yeah, ya fuckin' think?" Callum sighed. "We should go to the hospital, just to be safe."

"We?"

Noel couldn't stop himself from asking. What did Callum mean, 'we'? Didn't Callum hate Noel for leaving his phone behind, letting Callum get lost, letting his mom pick up his phone--

Callum gave Noel that smooth, sharp smile with softened out edges that Noel had come to love so much.

"We." Callum confirmed. 

Noel burst into a fresh round of tears. 

Man, why did Callum have to make him fall in love more every day?