// 16 //

a/n: downright time travelling at this point--the entire uk trip is just getting Skipped Over. its point? a filler and that droplet of angst, just to make up for callum and noel having no interactions over the summer. 

as much as i'd like to say there was a point...there really wasn't. i just realized my plans skip directly over the summer and i cant just say anyway they both cease to exist over the summer so uh

yeah! :grinning:

btw they r now seniors. idc if the timeline doesnt work, fuck off. the story started when they were juniors in high school and by the power of fucking time travelling, they are now starting their last year of high school!

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Callum wasn't sure how to feel about going back to school.

On the one hand, Noel.

On the other hand, homework.

But on the first hand, Noel.

But the second hand--

Fuck the other hand. Noel. Callum hadn't seen Noel in two months and he missed the guy.

Who was he to deny that he had a crush on Noel? Noel was tall and pretty and cute and funny and really really cool. 

He also got along well with Tommy, and was gay! Callum absolutely had a shot.

No, he didn't. He did not have a shot. No chance.

Callum walked into the school with total confidence that immediately deflated when he remembered his locker was in a different place now. Which meant Noel's was probably nowhere near his.

Oh. Noel was probably going to decide it was too much of an inconvenience to visit Callum at his locker and they'd probably have no classes together and he was going to just not be friends with Callum anymore and--

"Callum!"

Callum blinked as he saw who was standing by his locker. In front of an open locker--what?

"N-Noel?" He stammered. "What...?"

"What, what?" Noel frowned. "'s my locker. Do I look weird or something-?"

"No--" Callum reached out and unlocked the locker directly to the left of Noel's. Their lockers opened in opposite ways. "This is my locker."

The two stared at each other for a second.

"Oh, you've gotta be kidding me." Noel blurted. "We have neighbouring lockers?"

For a second, Callum expected him to sigh in disappointment.

Instead, Noel grinned.

"Sick!"

Callum smiled, too, feeling his cheeks warm at the sight of Noel's smile. It had been a while.

"Yeah, it is pretty damn sick."