// 8 //

a/n: hullo :] i feel like i gave off disturbingly chill vibes while writing this. i just want to clarify i was listening to songs like lose yourself by eminem and daywalker by mgk and corpse. (/hj i was listening to those songs but i swear my vibes are chill pleas)

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Callum woke up to a deep voice that he, at first, did not recognize. 

"How am I supposed to give this to him, what if he takes it weirdly?" The deep voice asked quietly with a nervous chuckle. 

"Will you calm down." That voice Callum did recognize--it was Tommy. "He's not going to take it weirdly."

"But I really think he's cool and I don't want to mess everything up by giving this to him and having him think I'm weird--" The deep voice rambled fearfully.

The words were not registering in Callum's head. All he could think was deep voice scary deep voice aaaa-

A gentle nudge to the shoulder led to a jump from Callum. He sat bolt upright and slammed against the wall in a panic.

"I'M SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO SCARE YOU HI CALLUM GOOD MORNING GOOD AFTERNOON ACTUALLY IT-IT'S NOON."

There stood a face Callum vaguely recognized.

Why did he recognize the deep voice. Who was that?

It took a few seconds for the fog of just having woken up from a very long nap for Callum to suddenly register who it was.

"Noel!" He grinned in shock and leaped forward, tackling Noel in a hug. 

"Jesus Christ, Cal, don't kill Ranboo--" Callum looked up to see Tommy cringing away.

"TOMMY IT'S OUR BIRTHDAY!" Callum launched himself at Tommy next, beaming at his brother overly-joyfully.

Noel wheezed on the floor.

"Callum's really out here committing murder first thing on his birthday."

Callum giggled and crawled away from the two of them, sitting down on the floor.

"Sorry, I feel very drunk when I wake up in the morning." He stretched after that mildly concerning statement and left to shower and sober up, figuratively(?).

When Callum returned from his shower, and was sufficiently un-hyper, he found Ranboo awkwardly holding something behind his back. It was a terribly hidden box.

"Um." He shoved the box towards Callum, smiling nervously. "H-happy birthday."

Callum took the box. It was sloppily gift wrapped, but the wrapping paper was shiny and pretty and Callum noted the hand-tied bow on it. He smiled slightly--Noel had put genuine effort into this.

Opening the box with zero care at all, because who cared about the box, Callum frowned.

"You didn't have to get me anyth--"

Cal cut himself off as he stared at the present.

It was a teddy bear.

A large, fluffy, black-colored teddy bear. One of its eyes was red and the other was green, and it had a crown--an obvious homage to Ranboo's own brand.

Callum was glad it wasn't black and white, though. That would've reminded him of that freaky Danganronpa bear that he hated.

He immediately hugged it to his chest. 

Noel breathed a very loud sigh of relief. 

"Y-you like it?" He mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. Callum smiled so wide he thought his face would break in two.

"Fuck yeah I like it." He took great care to set the bear down gently and then leaned forward and hugged Noel tightly, albeit only for a few seconds. "Thanks, man. I'm going to cherish this fucker for years."

Ranboo was blushing so clearly that Callum almost laughed.

"Yay." Noel muttered in the deepest voice Callum had ever heard him speak in. It got a laugh out of Callum, as well as one out of Tommy, who'd just entered the room.

"See, I told you Cal'd like it." Tommy goaded. Noel rolled his eyes, grinning.

"Whatever."

-- -- -- -- -- -- --

a/n: just want to say that when i was like 7 i was visiting family and i have this really fucking tall uncle with a deep ass voice who wanted to give me this plushie as a gift and i woke up terrified because his voice was so deep so that's where i got this idea from !!