// 26 //

been a couple ages eh

sorry i got like extremely obsessed with spider man for a little while so i didnt write anything and just Read Spider Man Things :)

i lvioe spioderman : )) )) 

-- - - - ----------------------------------------------

The hospital visit took hours, thanks to a busy hospital. Despite that, Callum stayed with Noel the entire time, giving details on the situation and never leaving Noel's side. 

It made Noel's heart ache. There were no words shared between them, aside from confirmations of how Noel was doing. 

"So," Callum questioned as soon as the two of them had left the hospital and were waiting to be picked up by their respective guardians. "Who had your phone that day?"

Noel winced.

"It was my mom. She's not...she doesn't..." He struggled to find the words. In the end, he settled on, "I haven't spoken to her since then."

Callum laughed softly. 

"I don't know why, but for a while I thought it was you. I thought you hated me, or something. And then I realized you wouldn't do something so...roundabout, if you hated me. You'd outright tell me." Callum glanced up at the starry night sky and sighed. "Tommy doesn't know why happened. Just thinks you hurt me."

"I did." Noel couldn't get it out of his head. "I did. I shouldn't have left my phone at home, we shouldn't have split up, I should've done better--"

"It's not your fault." Callum smiled. "I really don't know if I like your mom, though."

Noel huffed out a giggle.

"Can't say I do, either," He responded very quietly. "So, are we, like...good, now? Back...to normal, maybe?"

Callum pondered the thought. The words stewed in the air between them, gaining weight as they absorbed the cool night breeze.

"I think, maybe," Callum nodded. "We are. Back to normal."

Noel hated the way he had to fake his smile. 

"Good. Great. Awesome." Callum's uncle pulled up. "I'll...see you at school then. Tomorrow."

Callum nodded again, smiling warmly. 

"I'll see you then."

As soon as the car was out of sight, Noel crumpled lightly to the ground and sighed in utter misery.

He didn't want to be back to normal. He wanted to be more than that. He wanted to be so much more than normal. He wanted normal to be something else.

But their normal was fragile now. Noel couldn't just...break it. He had to be careful. Tread lightly. 

It would be difficult, but he could do it. Surely.

Surely.