// 9 //

a/n: is that 1K I SEE????? thank you <3

the song im listening to while writing this is bubblegum bitch. why? idk its good

-- -- -- - -- -- -- - -

The rest of the twins' birthday was spent with Tommy touring the two around the city. They had in fact decided that Callum could be outed to the public (well, his existence could be outed. the fact that he was gay could wait a little while), so Tommy vlogged some of it.

Ranboo was planning on announcing that he was in the UK but did not plan on saying whether or not he was staying with Tubbo--it was better if people assumed he was, because they did not need people questioning things.

Despite technically having been born in the UK, Callum was a very American boy (apart from his dislike of most other Americans and admiration for the Queen that was equivalent to Tommy's) and did not know anything about the UK.

He had only visited Tommy once, when he was much younger. So it made him extremely happy to be next to his twin brother, constantly. 

Noel occasionally sent a happy smile in their direction. Some people eyed them oddly purely because Callum was holding Tommy's hand--what, I haven't seen you in eight years and you won't let me hold your hand?--but Noel sent them death glares and they shrank back and decided not to comment.

He didn't put on his sunglasses; when a handful of people came up asking to get a picture with Tommy, eyeing Noel and Callum awkwardly, Tommy happily accepted, saying that his friends Noel and Cal were hanging out with him.

The fans wished Tommy a happy birthday and as they walked away Callum snorted.

"They absolutely thought you're gay." He announced as he stared at Tommy. The latter simply grinned.

"Good. That means they think I'm cool."

Callum and Noel were both just about glowing with pride after that, even though Noel wasn't properly out to Tommy.

And somehow, despite going to the same school, Callum didn't seem to know either. Noel remembered when he'd told one person he knew that he was gay--the word had spread like wildfire if only because Noel was one of the best on volleyball team. 

The day came to a close with Tommy, Cal, and Noel returning home with ice cream in hand. They were met with a surprise birthday cake from their parents, with a small twist.

In a bad way.

The cake only said "happy birthday Tom".

Noel frowned slightly at it, eyeing the twins' guilty mother and awkward father. 

"Um, we...we forgot Ta--Callum was staying with us, for a second there!" MotherInnit laughed faintly. "S-sorry."

Tommy wasted no time. He brushed past his parents, still holding hands with Callum, and Noel followed in confusion. He wondered what their mother was going to say before 'Callum'.

Tommy searched the drawers for about ten seconds before finding a small, red icing tube.

Callum blinked in confusion. He felt somewhat disappointed that their parents had forgotten about him, but Tommy seemed to be prepared.

"I knew they'd do this." Tommy laughed breathily. "I fucking saw it coming."

"Tom, language--" his mother began, but Tommy shot her an angry glare.

"Mum, you forgot one of your sons." His emphasis on the word did not escape Noel's ears. "I don't give a shit what you have to say, right now."

He marched forward and grabbed the cake, muttering a thank you to his parents and beckoning for the other two to follow.

Callum was still holding one of Tommy's hands, so he used his other one to help hold the cake.

Noel stared uncomfortably at Cal and Tommy's parents before walking past them and following the twins.

Tommy set the cake down on his desk after Noel removed the keyboard from it. 

The candles were lit, so Tommy maneuvered around them and quickly wrote in sloppy red icing,

and cal

with a little smiley face next to it.

Callum's face felt like it would split in two from his beaming smile.

Tommy whipped out his phone and took a picture of Callum's smiling face. 

Noel's phone was also out, videotaping the whole thing. 

"C'mon, let's all sing!" Callum urged. Tommy agreed--they were singing to each other as well.

The three of them sang the Happy Birthday song together, breaking out in giggles afterward. 

"So," Tommy murmured. "We're 17 now."

"17." Callum echoed. 

The two turned to Noel with similar looks of inquiry on their faces. Noel sighed.

"I've been 17 for a while, you get used to it. Y'know?"

Callum sighed contentedly, and the three chatted for several hours.

It was around midnight when their mother called up,

"TOM! TARA! COME SEE YOUR PRESENTS!"

And Callum flinched thoroughly.

Noel just stared, wide-eyed.

Who the hell is Tara?