// 24 //

-- a/n: hi guys it's been a fucking while

havent had the motivation to write in a while sorry

 enjoy the chapter :)

--

Pain exploded onto the side of Noel's face. He slammed his fist into the side of his jaw, popping it back into place. 

There was a fearful energy in the air between both Noel's team and the opposing team.

Because he was playing harder than ever. And not in a good way.

Because Callum was in the audience, and Noel was angry at himself for running away all the time, and Noel didn't want to play today but he was the "star player" so he couldn't skip out.

Every time he hit the ball, it either went out of bounds or hit someone in the face. Every time the ball came to him, he either sent it into the ceiling or completely missed it. Anytime anyone tried to tell him to up his game, he snarled at them or glared so hard they backed up.

And the opposing team was terrified, because they were all really bad at dodging volleyballs on a trajectory straight for their face.

Noel lost the game. His frustration built. He chucked his water bottle to the other side of the gym, watching with zero satisfaction as it dented and fell to the floor.

A faint "NOEL?!" sounded from the bleachers as Noel's teammates turned to yell at him for causing a scene. 

But everything sounded muffled. Noel felt sweat pouring down his arms but he really didn't care. He probably looked like a moron. Callum was probably scared of him just like everyone else was. 

Noel was so stupid.

And then his vision blurred a little too much, and his breathing got a little too heavy, and everything faded away.

The last thing Noel registered when his head hit the ground and his tears spilt from his eyes was the feeling of a familiar, slender hand grabbing his.

Callum.