▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

You can hear it in the silence, silence, you...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

You can feel it on the way home, way home, you...
You can see it with the lights out, lights out

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

You are in love, true love

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

You are in love

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

T O K Y O G H O U L : r e
P A R T 2

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

15 years ago

A G E : 8

Seasons had come and gone; the citizens in Tokyo had been murdered and eaten, the CCG officers wandered around the streets, prepared for any incoming ghoul attacks and the war between ghouls and humans never stopped. But ( Y/n ) had hardly noticed, she never cared to begin with.

She was sitting on a floor of a shrine alone, strands of ( h/c ) covering her eyes and her face. The weather felt comfortable and wonderful, especially when there was a huge increase of dead people from the past two weeks. Beside the young girl was another female, who wore a sweater and jeans, her green hair tied into a small bun.

" Oh, you're alone?"

" ..." a young girl, who had a pair of prepossessing, ( e/c ) orbs, ignored the question and continued to look down.

" Hey, don't ignore me!" Eto huffed her cheeks and poked ( Y/n )'s head, causing the female to growl and turn to face her, " Ehe, what's with that face, huh?"

" Who are you?"

" Me?" the green-haired female pointed at herself before she went closer and whispered to her ear, " I'm just a ghoul~"

The ( h/c )-haired female flinched and gasped softly that caused the other girl to giggle and reach out her face to take out her mask. At first, the young girl hesitates and wanted to slap her hand away but there was a part of her heart saying that she should and she must trust her. And because of that, her life changed.

" Eh, you know you're quite pretty as a ghoul, right?" Eto smiled and handed her the mask she took from the young girl's face.

" Thank you, Ms..."

" Eto. Call me Eto~!"

" Ms. Eto-"

" Eto only is alright," the Owl laughed and scratched her hair as the female ignored her and decided to keep on calling her formally.

" Okay, Ms. Eto."

" Eto."

" Ms. Eto."

" Eto."

" Ms.Eto."

" Eto."

" Ms. Eto."

" Just call me Eto!" she gripped on her shoulders and started to shake her furiously, " E-T-O! ETO!"

" O-okay, Eto-chan," ( Y/n ) started to feel sick and because of that, Eto stopped shaking her and patted her hair, causing an irk mark to appear in the temple of the young girl, " Why are you here?"

" Join Aogiri, ( Y/n )," Eto's face turned serious and she then smirked but ( Y/n ) remained silent, confused, wondering the possible reasons why they wanted her to join that one organization.

" How... do you know my name?"

" Your parents, of course!"

" What did they do?"

" Your parents are famous for being powerful ghouls, not until that white-haired king of CCG blah blah blah ended their life."

( Y/n ) let out an exhausted sigh, and the immature female patted her back, wanting to comfort her, " If you say so then... I'll listen to you."

Eto played an extremely important role in her life. There hasn't been one time where the two wouldn't be there for each other. Even if ( Y/n ) was not the type of person to open up easily to someone she isn't so familiar with, Eto would always make fun of her to spill it out.  Sure, the Owl might be immature in some cases but the decisions and choices she picks aren't reckless at all. There is always a good reason behind her decision, and no one would disagree with it.

When the green-haired female invited the young girl to the base, ( Y/n ) took her hand and nodded her head twice because she once heard about it from her late parents too. Ghouls are much nicer when you get to know them, and they are completely different from the statements that the CCG had said. Each one of them had a complicated past, and that one group of ghoul hunters were too dense and ignorant to even understand.

They grew up together, trained together, and do other things with each other, fighting the world side by side. Maybe there will be this one day they will take different paths and the chance of getting reunited once again is extremely low, but it doesn't mean that they won't fight side by side again. They both share the same pain, the same guilt, and the same regret... it is as if there is actually no difference between them.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry, it's a short chapter today. I don't know what to right ( insert roaring noises )... I also haven't proofread this one-