" SLOWLY NOW."

The hot water flooded around the coffee powder.

" There's no need to rush. Just keep up those spirals."

" R-right," Kaneki stuttered, pouring the tea in endless spirals of circles.

The ravenette remained to struggle even after a good ten minutes of lecture. He had come into the staff's room, brimmed with the October's sunlight, and had sat down on the vintage-looking sofa across from the old manager, who was staring at him with a patient smile spread across his face.

" How is it?" Quzin Yoshimura spoke, his forehead crinkling in interest as the black-haired male took a sip of the coffee he made.

" If I were to compare it to yours, this cup doesn't quite hit the mark."

" Each cup of coffee is unique in that it reflects the amount of effort poured into it. Like when dealing with people, coffee doesn't like to be rushed."

" I see," Kaneki lowered his coffee, softening his look.

" There's something you need to consider. Anteiku isn't just your average coffee house. It's also a place where the ghouls of the 20th Ward can interact and feel at home. Of course, we also gladly serve human customers here. Just as we once did for you, right?"

" But if ghouls are trying their hardest to blend in with society, why would you go out of your way to serve human customers as well?"

Having to hear his tiresome question, he could only smile, eyes still closed.

" It's critical to understand human behavior in order to inhabit the world they live in. Humans are living, breathing textbooks for ghouls like us. Besides, I like them. Humans, that is," Yoshimura gave out a gentle sigh away, " All right, I think it's about time I send you down to give Touka and (B/N) a hand."

" (B/N)?" Kaneki had sworn his name sounded familiar, but he couldn't point it exactly where. He raised his head as a memory flew past him, " ... The one who Touka usually has by her side?"

The old manager huskily chuckled and shook his head, " I'm a little too old to know if that's true, but if you remember that he looks still young, then perhaps you are right. You may learn from him as well. I've seen him grow up, and I must say he is quite adept."

" R-right!"

' He likes humans? What part of them, exactly?'

The soles of Kaneki's leather shoes clacked on the wooden staircase of the restful cafe. He pressed the door open only to be greeted with chatter from a familiar voice hidden within the conversation, and it grew louder the more he pushed it open.

The (h/c)-haired male straightened his back hearing the footstep, and he looked towards Kaneki's direction, his eyes unadorned.

" Okay, some other time- hey, Kaneki!"